21. Professor Umbridge

Stepping out of the train with the boys laughing, you turned your hear on your left and saw Draco approaching the golden trio, followed by his sidekicks and probably ruining Harry's day as usual.

"Guys, you go ahead I'll meet you back at Hogwarts." You said to the twins and Lee behind you and without waiting for an answer, you immediately walked over to the trio and Draco. You could see the frustration building up on Harry, just wanting to be left alone.

"—enjoy it while you can Potter, I expect there is a cell in Azkaban with your name on it!" Draco said cockily and Harry tried to lunge forward but thankfully Ron stopped him.

"JUST STAY AWAY FROM ME!" Draco bounced back and walked forward, but not without you stopping him, grabbing his collar.

"What do you want?" He rolled his eyes.

"Stay away from Harry and the others or you won't be able to tell your father anything again, capishe?" He nodded and pushed your hand off of him.

"Tsk, whatever." And then he walked off. You turned to the trio

"You okay guys?"

"Yeah, just Malfoy annoying Harry...again. Nothing unusual." Said Hermione.

"Hey guys!" Said Neville holding one of his plants, wearing that cute and silly smile he always has on his face.

"Hi Neville..." You all said in unison.

You and Harry turned around after hearing a huff from behind you. For the first time in your life, you finally saw what was carrying the carriages. For years, you thought that it was just magic carrying them but no. In front of you stood a tall black skeleton horse with wings, its eyes white like they didn't have a soul. Yet, they looked peaceful and calm.

"What are those things, d’you reckon?" You asked Harry, nodding at the horses as the other students surged past them.

"What things?" Asked Ron

"The horse things pulling the carriages!" said Harry impatiently; they were, after all, about three feet from the nearest one; it was watching them with those empty white eyes. Ron, however, gave you both a perplexed look.

"What are you talking about?" Asked Hermione

"I’m talking about — look!" Said Harry again

Harry grabbed Ron’s arm and wheeled him about so that he was face-to-face with the winged horse. Ron stared straight at it for a second, then looked back at Harry.

"What am I supposed to be looking at?"

"At the — there, between the shafts Harnessed to the coach! It’s right
there in front —" you said now, more impatiently. But as Ron continued to look bemused, a strange thought occurred to you. "Can’t...can’t you see them?"

"See what?"

"Can’t you see what’s pulling the carriages?"

Ron looked seriously alarmed now. "Are you, guys,  feeling all right?"

"I... yeah..." You both said in unison.

You felt utterly bewildered. The horse was there in front of him, gleaming solidly in the dim light issuing from the station windows behind them, vapor rising from its nostrils in the chilly night air. Yet unless Ron was faking—and it was a very feeble joke if he was— Ron could not see it at all.

"Shall we get in, then?" said Ron uncertainly, looking from Harry to you as though worried about you both.

"Yeah," said Harry. "Yeah, go on..."