Chapter Four: Daiki-kantoku

Hiroki

As a director, there are a lot of work offers for me. Not just on films, sometimes it could be for directing a commercial, TV shows, anime and it could also be directing for music videos of idols.

One of the companies that has been reaching out to me was Takanashi Productions. It was a small company that produced the famous IDOLiSH7. Since I've been eyeing one of their members to cast on my film, I decided to look for information about their agency.

However, with the turn of fate, the perfect lead that I just found today is also affiliated with them.

And with that, I decided to personally talk to their president.

"Hmm? Do you have some business with me?" The president that I know as Takanashi Otoharu-san asked. "Oya? Aren't you Hiroki-kun?"

"It's been a while, Takanashi-san." I responded with a smile.

"Yes. If you're looking for Tsumugi-kun, she was–"

I know it was rude to cut off someone but I'd rather finish this quickly.

"Sorry about that Takanashi-san, I came here to talk to you."

"Hmm?"

"I heard you just recruited a new female trainee."

"Oh yes. Are you talking about Yumeno Yumeko-kun?"

"Yes. I want to apply as her manager. And also, I want to talk about this." I said and showed my phone to him.

"This is... Hiroki-kun, could you be..." He reacted in shock as soon as he reads what's on the screen of the phone.

It was the email that he sent to Daiki-kantoku asking to direct a music video for the next song of IDOLiSH7.

Normally, I'm replying to this kind of emails with a rejection letter, but since I won't let Yumeno-chan get away, I need to build connections with Takanashi Productions first. Working for them was a good choice since I don't have any projects at the moment.

"How about it? Would you like Daiki-kantoku to direct IDOLiSH7's next music video?" I suggested to him with an innocent smile.

"To think that you're really Daiki-kantoku, you're a fearsome one, Hiroki-kun." He said to me in which I just responded with a smile. "Very well, I accept. However, Yumeko-kun will not be debuting as a solo idol, she will be a member of a unit."

"That's fine with me." I nodded in agreement. "So who are the other members?"

"We haven't recruited yet. For the mean time, please take charge of Yumeko-kun's training."

"Roger!" I cheerfully said. "One more thing, Otoharu-san. No word shall get outside of the agency that I'm Daiki-kantoku. I'll just be using the screen name on the credits but I want you to treat me as a regular manager outside of my directing work. Would that be fine?"

"That was a wise choice."

"Yeah, I don't want to give effortless promotion until I can see her full potential." I said seriously. And I also have some circumstances that I can't disclose so I need to stay low for the mean time but I can't tell that to Takanashi-san.

"In that case, why not spectate her audition?"

"Sure."

And with that, the president even accompanied me to the training room where the audition will be held.

When we arrived there, I heard Yumeno-chan speaking.

"But he seemed too young to be a director. I was still not convince that he was one." She said in a matter of fact tone.