Chapter Five: For Popularity

Ririka

A yawn escaped my lips while I sat on the classroom and listened to my teacher.

"Hachisaki! Please pay attention to the class!" Sensei scolded me when he caught me spacing out.

"H-hai!" I became flustered out of embarrassment. My classmates started snickering at me. It made me feel really anxious.

Once classes was done, I quickly left school without even bidding farewell to anyone in my class. After all, I don't have any friends in my class that I get along with. I'm really horrible in socializing.

The world is full of mysteries. With that said, I'm experiencing something weird for a while now.

Lately, I've been getting more tired and falling asleep more frequently. It happened in different places and I always wake up in my room. When I told other people that I may have lost consciousness, they said that they still talked to me that time. I have no memories after those. There are even some things that has been moved on my room and scribbles on my notes that I have no recollection of.

When I asked my cousin, Hiro-nii, who was staying with me in the same roof, he said that he will never enter a lady's room without permission. Of course, Hiro-nii was a gentleman, he will never trespass my room.

However, for some reasons, the notes that left are all hints that have some connections with my goals.

Earlier this morning, there was a note on my bedside table.

"If you want to cast on Daiki-kantoku's film, you should start getting used to a lot of people. Consider raising your popularity."

It was a helpful note but I don't know where to start seeing that I have poor social skills.

I actually have a dream that I want to fulfill. My dream is to become an actress for a famous director called Daiki. He was a film director that debuted two years ago here in Japan, after that within those two years, he even managed to reach the international audience.

Of course his films are really amazing! It was last year when I discovered his films, since then I've been a fan of his works and wanted to cast in his films someday.

I've been doing self-study on acting with the help of Hiro-nii since I told him about that last year. However, after six months, he said that he doesn't have anything to teach me anymore and stopped coaching me.

When he said that I could already try performing, he asked me to do some street acts. But I was overwhelmed by the crowd and failed terribly.

Of course, Hiro-nii was a great coach. The problem was me in the first place. I'm not very good with crowds and I get anxious easily.

I once tried to do good in acting when I tried joining an ensemble in a theater troupe before, but once the play was over, I get flustered and ran away afterwards. I definitely caused a lot of troubles for the troupe back then.

I never once tried to join another troupe after that.

I stared in front of a theater that I somehow passed by when I was walking to go back home from school.

After that, I remember what's written on the note. Getting used to people... Raising my popularity...

Maybe if I joined a troupe again I can get used to performing in front of an audience. Yosh! I'll try here!

I mustered all of my courage and took a step forward to the entrance. It doesn't took a while since I froze from nervousness.

Uuuuuu... Why am I this weak-willed?