Little Nightmares

“Do we really have to Koo?” Taehyung asked softly, curling up against Jeongguk nervously. The youtuber shifted, adjusting Taehyung into a more comfortable position on his lap before nuzzling his nose comfortingly.

“It’s okay Tae, you don’t need to play with me. My fans just requested it so I’m playing for them so they can see my reaction. If you want I can postpone it until next week’s video and we can cuddle?” Jeongguk offered, pressing a gentle kiss in the nape of Taehyung’s neck. Taehyung shook his head quickly, “No Gukkie it’s okay it’s for your subscribers after all… I don’t want you to be alone.. I don’t want to be alone in bed either. It’s late.”

Indeed it was, after a whole day of laying in bed together, they were left with the wee hours of the morning to play and record for Jeongguk’s channel. As much as Taehyung hated to stay up so late he was the one to drag Jeongguk back into bed with a mumbled ‘stay’ and who could blame Jeongguk for being so whipped? So of course he climbed back in bed with his Taehyung and they spent the whole day lovingly getting nothing productive done.

But Jeongguk’s job was to make videos, and Taehyung loved Jeongguk’s fans as if they were his own. They were the reason Jeongguk was where he was now. So he couldn’t let a silly game get in the way of his boyfriend’s wellbeing and loving fans.

“Alright if you say so. Stop me anytime you feel uncomfortable alright Tae?” Jeongguk reminded him firmly, to which Taehyung gave him a small nod and with that they started up the game.

Right off the bat, Taehyung didn’t like the game. Hell, the title screen was a creepy bear flickering in and out and that alone was enough to make him shift nervously. “You okay so far?” Jeongguk asked, startling Taehyung who responded with a shaky ‘yeah’. He was just being a baby. It couldn’t be too bad, could it?

Throughout the game numerous jumpscares came out of nowhere, accompanied by loud screeching noises that sounded like screams. The game had barely any music with only heavy breathing noises that creeped Taehyung out. Because audio was a big aspect of staying alive while playing, Taehyung did his best to stay quiet to prevent Jeongguk from talking; and while Jeongguk was a gamer who commentated while playing, even he was trying to stay quiet as to up his chances of survival.

“Alright guys we’re on the third night during the first episode! If we make it out of this one then I’ll probably stop, it’s really early you all.” Jeongguk laughed, stretching back slightly before pausing his microphone to rub his thumb on Taehyung’s hip calmly. “Are you doing okay?” He asked, letting Taehyung adjust his position with shaky hands, which didn’t go unnoticed.

“I-I’m okay.”

“Are you scared?” Jeongguk half teased, half asked for he was genuinely worried after seeing Taehyung’s reaction. “It’s been a few hours we can stop and go to bed if you want?”

“No! I, sorry Gukkie I’m okay. Just overthinking about the game.” Taehyung responded, playing with his fingers. Jeongguk was truly brave. During the entire gameplay so far he barely reacted to any of the scary aspects, only flinching slightly and at most cursing under his breath. Or Taehyung was just weak because him, on the other hand, jumped at every small motion and bit back screams whenever a jumpscare occurred. Which, unfortunately, happened quite often. Just thinking of the creepy characters made Taehyung’s skin crawl. He wasn’t too good at masking his fear (or his screams) because earlier Jeongguk had paused the game, held Taehyung’s hands and told him that if he wanted to stop he just had to ask. But of course Taehyung refused because it’s for the sake of Jeongguk’s fans. He doesn’t have a right.

He received a long look from Jeongguk before returning to the game and turning his microphone back on and continuing. It was like the longer you went on the scarier it was because another monster came that didn’t make noise when it moved. You could only stop it or even see it by shining a light on it so they froze. Just looking at the terrifying creatures was enough for Taehyung’s hands to start shaking again. He felt on edge.