The Games

[I love dystopian AUs 😔]

*I'm gonna assume you know the basics of The Hunger Games but for those who live under a rock:
There are 12 districts, each with their own specialty and district 12 is arguably the poorest out of them all. Every year there's a 'reaping' and the name of one boy and girl are pulled from a bowl with papers with the names of every girl/boy in the district. They both walk up and there's a chance for someone to volunteer to take their place but no one usually does. They then get a few minutes to say bye to their family/friends and then they get sent to The Capitol, where they meet their personal stylist to glam them up for public and then they train their asses off in all aspects of survival if they want to stay alive.  They then get sent to the 'arena' and they can bring one non-lethal item from home. The whole games are played on live TV all over the districts recorded by hidden cameras and the whole thing is arranged by the main evil, The Capitol. In the games there are sponsors who can send you supplies in support. But the further into the games you progress the higher the prices. In the arena there's a canon shot at the end of the day corresponding to the amount of deaths with a hologram of the faces and districts shot into the sky at night. (For example, 3 deaths 3 canon shots.) There are groups of people called Careers (pronounced: carriers) who are basically the bullies of the games and the Peacekeepers which are basically the storm troopers of the AU. In the middle of the large arena there's a cornucopia full of supplies, weapons, anything you might need to survive. The whole arena is controlled by the Capitol simps (read that, slaves) and if it boils down to a point where all the contestants can't go on for much longer for various reasons, then there will be a feast. Which is a mini blood-fest where if you don't get to your supplies in time, then you die or get killed. Aight I think that covers it. Btw this'll probably get its own story later.

**also, just realized, wasn't even calling Jeongguk and Seokjin by their real names oof. Should be fixed now.

As soon as the horn blew Taehyung ran. The soles of his shoes gripped the metal podium as he leaped off and ran towards the golden cornucopia and in through the mouth. Quickly grabbing the first backpack he saw his eyes caught sight of a pair of long knives. A woosh of air raced past his ear and he stumbled backwards just before an axe lodged itself where his head had once been. Horrified, Taehyung quickly snatched the knives and bounded towards the forest. Canons fired all around as people died left and right. Trying to ignore the death going on around it, Taehyung kept pushing through the forest.

After running for a solid few minutes Taehyung glanced around him. The dense forest was full of plants and life. Shrugging his backpack on, he grabbed a knife in each hand and slowly climbed up. He climbed as high as he dared before settling on a decently thick branch, trying not to look down. If he fell from that height he'd die. Placing the backpack on his lap he opened it and found a small waterbottle, flint and steel, a can of cookies, a large weather-proof blanket, and a basic first-aide kit. Not bad. Looking at the cookies reminded him of his dear little brother, who enjoyed baking but couldn't pursue it as there was never enough sugar to go around.

His little brother... Taehyung vividly remembered the day of The Reaping he so desperately tried to forget.

"We will now move on to the males." A loud lady stepped towards the large glass bowl, settling her hands inside before plucking a slip of paper out of the jar. Unfolding it, she gave the grim crown a brilliant smile before speaking.

"Kim Soobin."

Taehyung couldn't breath. There was no way. His little brother was one against thousands, how was he chosen?! Gasps and murmurs travelled throughout the crowd before thinning out as the children near Soobin parted pitifully to make a clear path for him up to the podium. He whipped his head towards Yoongi who was standing stiffly before giving him an almost imperceptible nod. Do what you must. Taehyung turned towards his parents to see his father trying to comfort his crying dad.