Foe turned friend?

"Hello Manvi," Mrityunjaya smirked, walking around her in circles. "How are you?"

"Back off," Maya hissed. "I'm not the woman you so easily manipulated and violated."

"Wait, wait a minute." Rudra jumped in. "Who's Manvi? What are you both talking about?"

"I'll explain to you later, son," Mr Roy replied. "Lets do our thing and call the police first."

"I'm calling," Antara shuffled for her phone inside her purse. "Make sure she doesn't go anywhere."

"I'll make sure all right." Rudra grabbed Maya's arm and dragged her to the nearest sofa. "Ananya, give your dupatta."

Ananya removed her dupatta and threw it quickly to Rudra who immediately used it to bind Maya's arms tightly behind her.

"Rudra please," Maya begged. "Give me a chance to explain."

"Shut your pie hole." Rudra snapped. "Or else I'll have to gag you. You wouldn't like that, would you?"

Maya opened her mouth to say something but then changed her mind.

"Good wifey," Rudra smiled sarcastically.

"I've called the police. They'll be coming any moment now." Antara said.

"Now tell me, Maya." Rudra drew up a chair and sat in front of her. "Why did you kill my brother?"

"You really want to hear the truth? Trust me it won't be easy."

"Why's that so?"

"Uhm-excuse me," Mrityunjaya immediately interrupted. "I think we should leave all this to the courts."

"No dad." Rudra said, glaring at Maya. "I want to hear the truth from her, RIGHT NOW."

Maya turned to Ananya. "You need to call your dad. There's something you need to know about him."

"What's my dad got to do with your bullshit?" Ananya scowled.

"Just do what you're told, dammit." Rudra said angrily.

"Hey, you have no right to talk to my fiancée like that." Sameer snarled.

"Why are we fighting among ourselves?" Antara sighed. "Can't you see? This is what she wants!"

"Ma is right." Rudra said. "We don't have much time. Ananya please."

Ananya clutched her phone hesitantly, then sighed and dialled her dad's number.

"Can everyone please go upstairs?" Rudra asked. "I need a moment alone with Maya."

"Sure, son." Mrityunjaya said nervously, then ordered everyone to go upstairs.

Rudra waited until everyone was gone. He slowly bent forward and untied her arms.

"Maya," he said, tears rolling down her cheeks. "No matter how hard I try to hate you, there's still a part of me that loves you."

"I love you too, Rudra." Maya said, in a broken voice.

"But you really hurt me, Maya. We were living the perfect life. We were a perfect couple. But you just ruined everything."

"I know, Rudra and I'm truly sorry for what I did to you but you need to understand, I had a reason. Just let Ananya's dad come. I'll explain everything."

"I still have a soft spot for you, Maya but unfortunately, I will never be able to forgive you."

"I know and I totally understand. You don't have to."

"You know I promised my dad that I'll kill you. But I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I can't take your life. I feel like I'll lose a part of me."

"Oh Rudra..."

Rudra picked up Maya and made her sit on his lap. He gently kissed her lips. "How I wish we could start afresh, how I wish I could reverse what you did. But unfortunately, it is what it is."

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

"I think that's the police," Rudra said, keeping Maya back on the sofa and retying her arms. "Goodbye Maya."

Everyone came down and Rudra went to open the door.

"Your game is over, Maya." Ananya cheered.

"No bitch," Diya said, standing outside the door. "Mrityunjaya's game is over."

Maya smiled at Diya. "You came on time. I knew you'd come."