♡ yellow rose ♡

"Thank you! Have a good day!" I call out as the last customer of the day leaves. She just bought a gorgeous arrangement of violet lilacs and orange tulips. "They're for my dads," she told me. "They're gonna be so happy when they see these!" After she leaves, I turn over the Open sign to now read Close facing outside. Another successful day in the flower shop. I look around the room filled with colorful and vibrant plants of all kinds. Guess it's time to clean up. The counter glistens as I wipe it down with a rag and disinfectant spray, and my pink-haired reflection smiles back at me. I put the cleaning supplies back in the storage cupboard and rearrange the business cards on the counter and the container of pens.

I hear a jingling of bells, meaning that someone has walked in. Hhh, I should've locked the door. "Hi, sorry, we're actually clo-" I look up. Standing in front of me is a woman with bright fuschia hair that goes just to her shoulder. She's wearing a black leather jacket with jeans and black knee high boots. The tattoo artist from across the street. "Milly," I acknowledge. "Elliot," she nods. "How was business today?" "Good," I reply. "But you never come in when we're actually open." I say pointedly, crossing my arms. 

"Nah," Milly says. "It's more quiet if I come after hours." "It's quiet either way though," "Yeah, but there's people around," I roll my eyes. "You don't see me barging into your tattoo shop after it's closed, do you?" She smirks. "Which, by the way, you're more than welcome to if you ever feel like it." "No, thanks," I smile. "How did your tattoo-ing go?" I ask curiously. "Hah, tattoo-ing. I'm gonna use that," she giggles. "Anyways, it was good. Except this one guy. Wanted to get a tattoo that degraded women. I can't believe he even had the nerve!" She says disgusted. "Oh?" I say, raising an eyebrow. "And I kicked him out," Milly says proudly. I laugh. "As you should," I give her a high five.

"Listen, um," Milly starts, putting her hands in her jacket pockets. She laughs nervously and tethers back and forth. "The real reason I came in here was to ask you something." "Oh. What is it?" "Uhhh.." she stalls.

I cough. "I have to go home soon," I say politely, hoping I didn't hurt her feelings. She takes a deep breath. "Iwaswonderingifmaybesortofyouwouldwanttogooutwithmesomewherelikejustthetwoofus." she spits out. I notice her face grows a shade pinker. Even though she said that all very quickly, I still manage to understand her. And I'm surprised. "Like a date?" I ask, raising my eyebrows. She laughs again. "Of course, I totally understand if you don't want to, or maybe you're seeing someone else, and I just look like a complete idiot-"

"Stop," I interrupt her, putting my hand up. "First of all, I'm not seeing someone else, so you're wrong there," I grin. "And I would love to go out with you sometime."

"Oh!" Milly looks pleased. "Okay then. That's cool. Uh, great!" she went on, clasping her hands. I found it cute how she kept rambling. "Well, my number's on here, so-" I hand her a business card off the counter. She takes it between her fingers and slips it in her pocket. She starts walking towards the exit, and I gather my things and follow her out. 

I lock the flower shop's door and turn to face Milly. "So," I say happily. "We'll discuss details over text later?" "Oh. Yes, of course." she flusteredly replies. I grab a yellow rose out of one of my outdoor planters and tuck it in her hair.

"Can't wait."

A/N: hai- this is my first ever Milliot oneshot and I'm actually really proud of it. Hope you liked reading it!

Milliot art by Punn#6473 on Discord :D