『 Crediting 』

I want to give credit where credit is due, so here we go!

———— ⦻ ————

Cover

The cover uses an image from Google that I put a filter over. If I remember correctly, the image is free to use (as long as it's not for commercial use, but I doubt I'll be making a couple of pennies from this). I also added the text and boom! Here ya go.

———— ⦻ ————

Characters

Once again, none of these characters belong to me. Since Creepypasta is an umbrella term for creepy internet horror stories, they all have their own creators.

Timothy Wright — You may know him as Masky. Tim is a character from Marble Hornets (a found footage ARG horror series on YouTube). Troy Wagner originally created the idea for MH on the Something Awful forum revolving around the Slenderman mythos. Not long after, Troy and Joseph DeLage got to working on the MH YouTube channel.

The Operator — Also created by Troy Wagner, but the idea is a variation of Eric Knudsen (AKA Victor Surge)'s original Slenderman mythos.

Helen Otis — Go ahead and check out Delucat on DeviantArt for Bloody Painter's original creator!

Liu Woods — I believe the original Homicidal Liu story was created by Vampirenote13. That's what every wiki I've found says, anyway. Homicidal Liu was a spin on the 2013 Jeff the Killer story's Liu, but I can't seem to find the creator for that story. If anyone knows anything, don't be afraid to speak up!

Jeffrey Woods — It's really hard to pinpoint who created the original Jeff the Killer. I think it's Sesseur? Who knows.

Toby Rogers — Ticci Toby is a character who needs to be handled with care. The creator, Kastoway on DeviantArt, has made it abundantly clear that the character is fake and should not be romanticized. His killings should not be glamorized and you should not want to harm someone over a fictional character. I DEFINITELY do not want to play into the fandom's image of Toby.

Jane Richardson — Jane the Killer was originally created by FearOfTheBackWolf on DeviantArt, according to a couple sources.

Clockwork — The original Clockwork story was posted on the Creepypasta website by Soffbois. I don't know if this story has had any recent amendments.

Nina Hopkins — Don't worry, I've already stated that I'll be tweaking a few things for each character. Alegotic-twevel on DeviantArt created the original Nina the Killer story.

The Prowler — She's also known as Rouge the Proxy. Don't Look Up, the story Rouge shows up in, was created by LazyCatLady.

———— ⦻ ————

Things To Keep In Mind

There are a lot of things people believe about Creepypasta that aren't exactly true. So, I decided to inform everyone!

I.
Creepypasta isn't actually some sort of cinematic universe with a bunch of killers living under one roof. Most of these stories were created with their own universes that have nothing to do with the Slenderman.

According to the Urban Dictionary, here is the definition of Creepypasta — "Essentially internet horror stories or a myth passed around other sites, to frighten readers and viewers. The word, 'Creepypasta' comes from the term, 'copypasta'. An internet slang term for a block of text that gets copied and pasted from website to website. Creepypastas are sometimes are supplemented with pictures, audio or video footage related to the story. Typically with gory, distorted or, otherwise, shocking content."

So, while they all are Creepypastas (that includes Masky and Hoodie since Marble Hornets does fall under that definition), we need to remember that this Slendermansion is fanmade. I love the idea of crossovers and a Creepypasta Cinematic Universe (a CCU, if you will), but the origins have been lost to time with the birth of the Slendermansion.

II.
Not every Creepypasta character is a proxy of the Slenderman. The line-up of popular characters who are actual proxies is pretty small. This doesn't count the thousands of lesser known Creepypasta stories out there, of course.

Let's actually go down the list of characters I'm including in this story and point out who all are proxies and who all are not.

Tim — Nope. Though he has been seen "under the Operator's control" before, he's not a real proxy of Slenderman.

Helen — Nope. Now that he's his stand-alone Creepypasta story, the Slenderman probably doesn't even exist in Delucat's universe.

Liu — Nope. At least, not that I could find.

Jeff — Nope. Just a psychotic killer.

Toby — Yes, actually. It's hinted that his decent into madness was caused by the Slenderman.

Jane — Nope. Just a girl trying to kill a psychotic killer.

Clockwork — I don't think so? The original story didn't mention it, anyway.

Nina — Nope. Just a girl obsessed with a psychotic killer.

Prowler — Yes. She's an official proxy in her own story.

So, as you can see, there are actually 2 characters who are known to be proxies, with one that I'm not so sure about. A lot of other Creepypasta stories are created with the idea that every Creepypasta is a proxy of Slenderman, so I can see why this idea is so commonly believed.

III.
You're allowed to create Slendermansion/proxy stories! Don't let anyone make you think you can't. It's just important to know the Slendermansion is a fanmade concept and not every Creepypasta character is a proxy.

This story isn't going to be a Slendermansion or proxy story. As stated before, this is a Creepypasta-verse with a Marble Hornets AU. It's not going to be your traditional Creepypasta tale and there will be a lot of new concepts I haven't seen explored.

———— ⦻ ————

I think that's all. If you see any wrong information, tell me!