𝐈𝐈𝐈.

Chapter 3 - The Most Awkward Meeting I've Ever Had, Jesus Christ, Just Kill Me Next Time

(AN: So, I haven't exactly revised this chapter. It's probably going to have a weird flow to it in some areas. I'm going to come back later and be an actually good writer, but I'm just glad I have something written for now. Sorry 'bout that, folks.)
---- ⦻ ----

The masked figure suddenly stopped the knife just inches away from my collarbone.

Oddly enough, we both seemed to be frozen in our places like statues. His one hand was still clutching the knife while holding my shirt collar, and I was still gripping his wrist. He could've easily caught me off guard and killed me, just as I could've caught him off guard and escaped, but no. We just stood there, staring at each other. The atmosphere in the room slowly changed from an urgent chase scene to... awkward.

I think it's safe to say that I had quite a few questions. First of all, what the fuck just happened. I was fighting for my life moments before, and now I'm just chilling with my attacker? Second of all... what the fuck just happened. I was attacked by some dude with a knife? Why is there a dude with a knife in my house!? And third of all....... What the fuck just happened??

After a few more moments of uncomfortable eye contact (well, eye - mask contact), the intruder craned his head to look behind him. I took the time to look as well, wondering who this secondary intruder was.

He looked to be around my age; maybe a little younger. His auburn hair was long and a bit untamed, part of his fringe slightly tucked behind his ear. His distressed sage green eyes were wide and tense, and they almost had a vexed look to them. On his sandy skin were scars, some healed over and others so small that you could barely notice them. The one that stood out to me started from the left side of his jawline, trailed up to the corner of his mouth and continued to his right ear. It looked mostly healed over, but it probably still had some time to go.

I did a little once over with his clothing. An army green shirt, a black leather jacket with an unevenly popped collar, a dark green striped scarf looped around his neck, khaki pants, a brown leather belt, and black sneakers. I found it a bit weird that he was wearing so many layers for the warm spring weather, but a thought like that was kind of on the back burner of my mind. I had more important questions.

The auburn-haired male clenched his hands into fists. "What are you doing?! You said you were just going to check the back!!"

The masked figure seemed to stare at his friend, contemplating his words. I took the time to do a little once over with his appearance as well. While I couldn't see his face (y'know, because of the mask), his messy black hair was visible, tousled and sticking up every-which-way as though he's never brushed it a day in his life. He had a black shirt underneath his fleece-collared blue jacket (which had a little yellow smiley face pinned to it. Kind of out of place, but by no means would I question it in my current state). Everything else he wore was black; black gloves, black military pants, and black tactical boots. I also took note of the knife sheath strapped to his leg. Walking around with one of those probably raises a few red flags.

Anyway, the masked intruder finally decided what his response was going to be; a simple shrug.

The other intruder seemed to be at a loss for words. One hand slapped his forehead while the other planted itself on his hip. "Unbelievable," he groaned. "You broke into someone's house, you hold them at knife point— look at them!!" He wildly gestured a hand at me. "They're probably terrifie—" his eyes suddenly widened. "Oh god... is this a felony?! Did you just commit a felony?! What is this, breaking and entering, attempted murder— TWO felonies?! What do you have to say for yourself?!"