ch. II

MARCH was when lalisa figured out that something was wrong with jisoo.

kiel huffed as he tossed his towel to the side, "the group's comeback is in three weeks, and you've been really out of it jisoo."

"hey, give her some slack." jennie defended. jisoo sighed, her condition was really taking a toll on her.

she's underpressure at work, juggling practicing lines, filming for her upcoming drama, and shooting for magazines. it's just too much, but nonetheless she wanted to give their fans her best on stage.

the members had been in the dance studio rehearsing again, minutes later, their close friends, the red velvet members visited and they stopped for a twenty minute break. they seized the opportunity to grab a drink and rest.

as they all cooled down, jisoo broke into in a coughing fit. she covered her mouth with her hand and dashed to the restroom as fast as she could.

she hunched over the toilet bowl, retching up white petals. after the flowers left her body, jisoo unsteadily brought up a hand to wipe her mouth.

she was panting, her body exhausted from both the strenuous dancing and the exertion of releasing the flowers.

she heard footsteps getting nearer. “unnie?are you okay?”

“jisoo-yah?” lisa's voice grew louder.

shit, the korean panicked as she realized that she left the restroom stall unlocked, she jumped up to grab the door to lock it shut, but it was too late. the youngest stood in front of her confused causing her to lose her balance.

just in time, the thai held the older woman and wrapped her arms around her. "woah, i keep telling you to limit yourself from drinking coffee milk the day before rehearsals, did you just finish the whole bottle last night? aish, it's not good for you." she joked, as jisoo's coughing became worse, her grin disappeared and contemplated on whether to cancel their rehearsals or not.

“unnie, are you sure you're alright? don't you want me to take you to the hospital?”

"it's—nothing, just—"

her throat started itch as the petals started to pile up. she began to taste iron as she held on her arms for support.

"you..." lisa trailed off in shock, noticing the trail of white petals scattered in the floor.

jisoo mustered up all her energy to stand up and stumbled towards the sink as she rinsed her mouth with cold water to get rid of the crimson red dripping down her chin, turning around to face lalisa's worried eyes.

"you have the hanahaki disease?"

“please don’t tell anyone,” jisoo pleaded.

“what? unnie! you have to get treatment! If you wait, you could die!” she exclaimed, her voice echoed through the room causing jisoo to flinch.

"i'm sorry—i'm really worried about you, that's all." her eyes softened. jisoo was aware how anxious their maknae could be, but that's because she cares about her loved ones so much.

"lisa-yah..." jisoo knew she was stubborn and wasn't going to let her go easily. “please. i don’t want the surgery. i can handle this by myself, just don’t tell the others!”

"you keep doing that!"

"doing what?"

lisa wasn't really good with words. so she furrowed her eyebrows, something she does when she's thinking hard of what to say.

"locking us out. you won't let chae in, you won't let me in, hell, you can't even let jennie-unnie in. and she's your bestfriend!"

jisoo stayed quiet, shifting her gaze on the floor not knowing how to respond to that. she knew she was being selfish, but she can't help it.

lalisa looked at her, pain evident in her eyes. “you know i have to tell them.”

jisoo hung her head in resignation.