ch. VII

courage, that's what roseanne has been lacking these past two years.

she's been walking back and forth in front of the hospital, trapped in her thoughts once again. she was tempted to back out, but the blonde would remember lisa's words, 'don't make this hard for her, for the both of you. so do something, before it's too late."

chaeyoung took a deep breath. bringing herself together, entering the building as she sheepishly approached the receptionist.

"name?"

"park chaeyoung." she said quietly, not wanting to be recognized by a bunch of people glancing at her suspiciously.

"patients room?"

"kim jisoo. uh, room 327."

"i'm sorry we are not allowing any visitors right now. the patient is currently undergoing a surgery at the moment."

her face dropped as her heart started irrationally beating. "w-what?"

"i advise you to visit another time-" "wait! miss, you aren't allowed to go in there!"

she didn't listen, her legs had a mind of it's own. chaeyoung could barely think anymore. all she could think about was jisoo.

ever since she had realized her feelings for their eldest, chaeyoung has spent countless hours of the day thinking about what it was like to confess to her. she began to wonder the things she would say when she told jisoo she was falling for her, hard.

god, she'd spend most of her time every single day just thinking about scenarios on how visiting her for the first time in weeks would be like. what would she say to me? how would she act? now that she discovered that jisoo had fortunately, felt the same way about her, chaeyoung was terrified.

could she even face her without falling to her knees, crying and apologizing over and over again? her pondering polluting her brain once again. she wasn't ready to know any of the answers to her questions.

the time she had reached room 327, her blood ran cold. chaeyoung wanted to object, wanted to scream, to let out all the emotions felt at the moment she'd witnessed the group of surgeons inside through the window. the other patients in the hallway were already giving her looks, but she could care less.

soon enough, someone had pulled her away to a place where nobody could see them. the said person removed their hair net and surgical mask.

"what the fuck are you doing here?" jennie snarled, making sure to lower her voice.

"i've decided to stop by, please let me inside."

"do you know how dangerous it is for you to stand in the open like that?! no one is supposed to know about jisoo's condition, you should know this!" she scolded.

"it's best for you to leave."

"no wait, you don't understand! i need to see her right now!" the older woman gaped at her, seeing the look of desolation in her eyes.

"are you serious? this isn't the right time for you to be saying this."

"please, jen. let me talk to her, give me a chance!"

"the second you step in that room, i know she'll back out of the surgery.
and i don't want that. i don't want her to experience any more pain." she refused once more, "and for what chance? i'm not just going to stay here, watching my bestfriend keep living a miserable life because of you!"

"and neither do i." chaeyoung interjected. "that's why i'm here! i'm begging you to call off the surgery. stop them, please." the tone of her voice mirrored the desperation in her heart.

"if you think what i'm doing is out of pity, you're completely wrong. don't doubt what i feel for her. i've never been so sure about this my entire life."

jennie heaved a sigh, all she longed-for was happiness for jisoo. and who was she to prevent her from obtaining that?

"i'm trusting you on this, park chaeyoung."