Tryouts Day 1

I ignored the ignorant girl and simply took it as a compliment. The bell finally rang to go home. I rushed out the door and was ready to leave. I waited near the car for about 5 minutes until my sister got there. "How was your first day?" she asked. I didn't want her to know a senior messed with me so I just told her it was good. The car ride home was with blasting music and I tried to forget about Joel's hot face and body.

When I got to practice, I felt happy that I was in my second home (soccer field). Denise came 15 minutes later and we began to shoot some goals before the rest of the girls came as well as the coach. "I'm going to show Jessica we can make it even though we're freshman" I told Denise.

"Who's Jessica?" asked Denise. I told her about what happened in P.E. At first, she was mad because I didn't do anything about what Jessica did but then she said our success will be our revenge. Practice was over and we all headed home. When I got home, I took a shower and went straight to sleep.

August 30th felt like 1000 years but the day finally came. I prepared my soccer bag and I headed to school, hoping to get there early. I arrived to second period exactly when the bell ring and I saw Denise waiting for me next to an empty chair. It was English and I definitely do not like English! "Are you ready for today?" I asked Denise.

"I was born ready!" Denise replied and we laughed. The dismissal bell rang and we walked to the locker rooms to change for tryouts. I quickly put on my neon yellow Nike cleats since Denise finished before me. We headed towards the field and I saw several girls waiting there. "Do you think we're going to make it?"

I replied "Of course." When the coach arrived, she introduced herself and then introduced the team captain: Jessica Williams. Denise and I looked at each other with shock.

Jessica saw me and quickly said "if you can't kick a ball, please leave right now" looking at me dead in the eye. I shrugged my shoulders and stayed right where I was at. Then, we warmed up and did a couple of stretches until the coach said we were going to dribble from cone to cone. Denise and I paired up, passing the ball to each other. A voice behind me said "Don't even bother trying, you're not going to make it." I turned around and it was Jessica having her arms crossed. Denise and I ignored and apparently Jessica got mad and walked away with anger. We simply laughed and continued dribbling. The boys soccer team passed by and I immediately saw Joel.

I told Denise right away and said "omg that jerk plays soccer?" Thats so attractive but he's such a jerk" I saw Denise's widen when she saw a player with white cleats with a very nice body.

"Watcha looking at Denise?" I asked. She looked, pretending as if she didn't hear me and continued to pass the ball.