April Fool's Eve

April Fool's Eve

James Potter would never admit how much he loved getting into trouble for the pranks that he and Sirius Black would pull on Hogwarts, of course having the help of Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew alongside them. It would always be the consequences of the pranks he fancied more.

Perhaps the reason was because of seeing the school's reaction to their foolishness. Watching as everyone turned to blue or transform into the four of them as they ate their breakfast foods. Perhaps it was for the fun of laughing about it with Sirius, Remus, and Peter as the school went into a panic, realizing the Marauders were just pulling a new prank on them. Of course, everyone would laugh about it hours and days later when they came to the conclusion it was funny, but some held their grudges.

Or maybe it was for a completely different reason.

Maybe James Potter liked going to a certain room in the castle to collect find out what his punnishment was.

To see someone special.

"Oi! Prongs!" Sirius whispered in the dark corridor as they walked back from setting up the April Fool's Day prank for tomorrow. "You sure this will go as planned? The trouble we could get in..."

Remus came up next to him and nudged him slightly putting a hand up to his face, "Sirius, you feeling alright?" He joked in a half-whisper,  "That's not Minnie polyjuiced under there, right?"

Sirius smirked and laid a wet kiss on his cheek, "In your dreams, Moony."

"Well, usually it's just boring old Sirius in my dream, making love to me all throughout the night," Remus replied.

"Oh yeah?" Sirius laughed, trying to keep his voice down to a low, "Am I sexy wild beast?"

"Only everytime-"

James clasped his hands over his ears, "Okay! NOPE! This is way too much information from you wild dogs."

Sirius chuckled and leaped over to him and planted a kiss on his shoulder, "You know you love us talking about this. Especially if you're having these dreams about Lilith every night."

Peter suddenly came running up behind them, trying to keep in the same pace as them, "It's not a Tuesday or a bank holiday, Sirius."

James laughed and ruffled up Peter's hair as he swung an arm around his shoulder and went back to Sirius's remark, "I do not have those dreams about Evans... at least not anymore."

"Oh, Prongs, I hear you moaning in your sleep every night, there's gotta be someone on your mind." Sirius grinned.

James's face reddened. Had he really been moaning in his sleep? A few weeks ago he started having these wild dreams, but it wasn't Lily climbing on top of him. No, it was someone new, who gave him goosebumps just thinking about it. "Nope. There's no one." And he sped off walking ahead of them, dropping his arm off of Peter's shoulders.

The three remaining boys looks at each other knowingly as they continued to the Gryffindor Tower.

"I'll be the first to say that James is lying," Remus spoke up.

"Definitely," Peter and Sirius agreed at the same time.

"Now all we have to do is figure out who this lovely lady is that Prongs seems to be more interested in than our one and only Lilith Gertude Evans."

Remus rolled his eyes with a small smile and as they turned a corner, they ran into another boy.

"Odairrrrr he is!" Sirius shouted at the Hufflepuff boy they just ran into.

"Hey, you lot," Jasper chuckled. "Maraudering around the castle, are you?"

"It's April Fools tomorrow," Peter piped up.

"Ah," he said, tucking his hands into his robes. "Well, you will see my locked up in my dormitory all day tomorrow. See you in a few days." And he walked past them towards the kitchens. "Watch out for Filch!" he called.

"Yeah, we're gonna make sure he gets a big prank played on him," laughed Sirius as they watched him go.

"C'mon," Remus urged. "You've already made enough noise tonight and Jasper's right, I'm surprised Filch hasn't caught us yet!"

Sirius rolled his eyes, "Ah, yes, here comes Prefect Moony." They started walking up the moving staircases. "I think I'd rather like Prefect Moony to punish me tonight."

Peter clasped his hands over his head and ran ahead of them, "Stop!" he complained over and over again as he ran up but immediately stopped talking at the top of one the staircases.

"Ah, two Marauders caught!" Filch's voice rang out as Peter approached Filch with James following, looking quite red in the face.

"Wormy?" Sirius asked as they caught up with him and both of their faces paled at the sight of Filch.

"Well, well, well," Filch drawled as he pushed the four of them towards his office. "I've got the entire collection!"

"Filch, I've told you! You can't expect us to not be out this late on April Fool's Eve!" James said, falling back to Sirius, Remus, and Peter where he mouthed Where's my invisibility cloak?.

The three of them looked at each other and realized they left it in the Great Hall.

Sorry, I'm dumb and left it, mouthed Sirius back.

"I will be giving each of you a detention tomorrow with me," Filch's voice carried on as he led them into his office.

"Tomorrow?!" Sirius and Peter asked in shock.

"With you?" James asked, a bit of panic rising in his voice. 

Filch smiled evilly, "Of course. It is your favorite holiday after all, isn't it? Why shouldn't I ruin it for you? After all the pain you've caused me? I should've had you expelled in your second year!"

"We're sorry," mumbled James solemnly.

Sirius slapped him. "Prongs, what the fuck. No we aren't. Are you under the polyjuice this time?"

James's face only reddened as he took a seat across from Filch's desk, feeling oddly comforted by the feeling. Being in this room, sitting around the caretaker of the school.

He suddenly blinked. What the fuck are you thinking Potter? What is wrong with you?

Filch started pulling out a piece of parchment to write down their detention when there was a sudden crash from down the hallway.

"PEEVES!" Filch shouted and got up and rushed out of his office.

"Alright, let's go." Sirius said as he grabbed Remus and took off down the opposite way that Filch was going.

James released the grip on the chair he didn't realize how hard he was holding down on it and let out a deep breath.

"James, let's go," Peter urged on, practically dragging him out the door.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming," he murmured, his brain all fuzzy with odd thoughts as he watched Filch run off down the hallway. As the four of them rushed back to the tower, James couldn't stop thinking about how much his thoughts changed when he was around Filch, not his arrogant, cocky type. No, this was much different. Something he couldn't get out of his brain.

As they got back into the common room, they rushed up the stairs and immediately went into their dorms and fell asleep, but James stayed up a while longer, wondering what the thoughts had meant and why he was becoming so okay with it.

And one this was for sure, he wasn't going to stop thinking about it for a long, long time.

a/n: idk what my life has become