The April Fool's Prank

The next morning, the four boys woke up early, they had to of course if there was any chance of them seeing the student's reaction to their perfectly planned out prank.

They slowly got up and got dressed as quickly as they could and quietly tip-toed out of bed and down out of the common room, careful not to wake anyone up and ruin the surprise they had in store for them.

As they began their walk down to the Great Hall, James couldn't stop noticing Sirius eyeing him every couple of seconds with a grin on his face, which only pissed James off more. He wished he didn't tell Sirius about what he was going through, hell, why did he even think to believe Sirius wouldn't laugh at him?

Suddenly, Peeves came flying around the corner. "AH, my favorite people in the castle!" He cackled. "Today is your day!"

"Peeves, quiet down!" Remus whispered-yelled to him, "You're going to get us caught!"

Peeves quickly slapped his hands over his mouth, "Oh Peevesie never wants to get you in trouble." So the boys continued on, but Peeves kept following them. "Is there anything I can dooo?"

Remus thought. "Yes actually. If you could distract Filch, that'd be great."

Peter nodded, "Yeah, we have detentions that he's gonna give us, but that's only if he catches us!"

Peeves laughed happily. "I love to mess with Filch any day. Getting under his skin is my favorite pastime." And he happily flew off chanting.

Sirius looked over at James. "I bet James would love to get into Filch's skin."

Remus and Peter curiously looked over at James, who was growing angrily red by the minute as he stared at Sirius.

"You keep your fucking mouth shut." He barked, pointing a finger in his face.

Sirius threw up his hands innocently and happily skipped along, smiling like a maniac.

The three other boys watched Sirius skip away from them and Remus turned to red-faced James, "So what was that all about?"

"Nothing," James quickly replied and stormed off.

Remus and Peter looked at each other cluelessly and walked down the corridor and walked into the Great Hall where they met up with a happy Sirius and an angry James.

Remus and Peter awkwardly took their seats and tried to diffuse the tension. "So, the students should be starting to come down here soon," Remus began, "I think it'll be quite the sight to see."

Peter nodded alongside him, "Yes, very funny indeed."

James shook away his problems and tried to put on his best-smiling face, "Agreed. This prank will forever go down in Hogwarts history - and we will be legends."

Sirius grinned wickedly. "That's the spirit prongs!"

The four boys took their unofficial (but very official) seats at the Gryffindor table and sat in silence for a few minutes before they heard the sound of Hogwarts students running down the stairs for breakfast.

The students all filed into the entrance before the Great Hall but stopped right at the doors when they said the four boys already sitting at their table. Everyone quickly realized it was April 4th.

No one wanted to move.

Who could blame them?

No one knew what to expect.

If someone took a step into the Great Hall anything could happen. Someone could lose an arm, get caught on fire, fall to the ground, get a love spell put on them, or get hung upside from the ceiling.