Chapter 1: The Finding

"Mateo ... Mateo! I'm bored!" complained Helena while Mateo insisted on ignoring her concentrated on his video game "Let's go outside, let's do something more interesting."

"Doing nothing is interesting."

"Very funny! Come on... Let's go swimming in the sea."

"We already went yesterday, the day before, and all last week" he answered somewhat annoyed "If you want to go so much, then go and spare me your complaints."

"Aaah ... Fine, I'll go alone. But if a shark eats me, it will be your fault" she replied crossing her arms and making a mock angry face.

"I think I'll take that risk" Mateo said without even looking at her.

Helena left the room, sighing, went downstairs and out the back door. She crossed the small back garden and walked straight to the beach. It seemed that the sun was shining more than ever that day and the sand burned her bare feet. All her despondency and loneliness disappeared when a strange feeling distracted her. Suddenly she wanted to go towards the rock formation that was near her beach. She walked purposefully with her long black hair tangled in the wind. She approached the rocks slowly, looking around her. Her surprise was enormous when behind a large rock she found a boy lying on the sand, sleeping. She stared at him, without believing what was happening.

He was an interesting young man; serene-looking, with tousled blond hair and sand-white skin. Only a kind of skirt made of seaweed covered his body and he held a strange spear in his hands.

Helena hid and continued spying on him without knowing what to do. "And where did he come from? Is he a marine Tarzan or what?" She thought. Unable to bear her curiosity, and with great maturity, she began to poke the boy's head with her finger until he finally woke up. He sat up suddenly and with a very sleepy expression, he turned his head around, trying to find the culprit of ending his warm dream. Meanwhile the culprit hid herself nervous with her heart beating like crazy.

"Huh? But what was that?" the boy muttered "A human!" he exclaimed, jumping to his feet.

Suddenly, Helena had him standing right in front of her, with his face full of enthusiasm and keeping his eyes closed.

"I'm very glad to meet you!" he exclaimed making repeated bows "My name is Erunestian and from now on I hope to have your friendship. Please be good to me."

"What a strange boy" thought Helena quite perplexed.

"I... I'm also very pleased to meet you ... (She couldn't pronounce his name) my name is Helena ... and I live here" she said shyly "By the way, you look foreign. What are you doing here sleeping in the sand? Where do you come from?"

"I... Well, I come from..."

"Why are you wearing that costume?"

"Costume?"

"Yes! You still haven't told me where you come from. With such a strange name, surely you are not from here."

"I came from..." he hesitated. He didn't know if he could tell his true origin to that human he barely knew. But he had no answer to give her anyway, so he remained silent.

"Are you okay? Did something happen to you?" Helena asked when she saw him kind of shocked.

"I come from far away!" he answered hastily.

"Are you sure you don't need help? You look somewhat... lost" Helena said as she noticed that the boy had not opened his eyes in all that time "Have you come with your family or something? Do you know where they are?"

"Many questions, I don't understand."

Helena spoke slowly to him "Help, do you need help?"

Erunestian waited for a moment, feeling, making sure the human's intentions were sincere. In the end he accepted "Yes, help me, I'm lost."