Beginning

Requested by x

Enjoy!

Living alone isn't easy, getting by with only what you yourself make. Any money goes towards paying bills, buying groceries, and not to mention paying for school. It seems like a simple concept, but when you attempt to prove to your parents what you can do without their help, it becomes a little more challenging. Four months after living in the new city, debt maxed out your credit cards and and left you with an empty bank account. Your part time job at the convenience store didn't provide enough to keep up with the excessive amount of papers lying on your kitchen counter demanding money. It didn't help that the store was soon to be remodeled, which would remove you from the job within the next couple of days.

The following week, things went from going downhill gradually to falling down a double diamond slope. Too embarrassed to contact your parents, you found yourself at food banks and lying in empty parks to sleep. Your grades at school noticeably started to diminish as you struggled to keep up with everything going on. With an entire month remaining, it took every bit of will power not drop out and completely give up.

~~~~~

You grabbed your Psych 101 textbook and notes off your desk and quickly left the lecture hall, surrounded by sounds of happiness and "have a great summer!"'s. Groaning, you trudged your way off of the school grounds and retreated back to the local park. Most people would be excited about summer, but to you, it only brought heat and sweat. You climbed the familiar large tree near the edge of the ocean and sat on a branch near the top, placing your small amount of books on a make-shift shelf. Looking out at the seascape, you let out a large sigh. The semester was finally over and you were able to focus more critically on finding a full time job and actually finding a place to live that wasn't covered in leaves.

A large growl sounded from your midsection as the clock struck three. Looking over at a small crate to your left, you realized your weekly food supply had been depleted. You rolled your eyes and descended down the tree, looking both ways before revealing yourself from the foliage. Casually strolling across the grounds, you considered locations for lunch options, soon settling on the local grocery store.

You moseyed in and took a right down the snack aisle, making your way to the back where the Lunchables and dairy were located. Glancing in each direction around you, you quickly snagged a stack of lunchables and threw them in your oversized bag, which was soon followed by a couple bags of chips.

Little did you know, a kid in your science class had been in the same aisle, filling a basket full of gummy bears to celebrate the end of the school year. He scowled and turned to a woman figure next to him, "Aunt Cass, I know her, she goes to my school. She's stealing," he whispered.

She looked up. "Sweetie, maybe she's hungry, why don't you go talk to her?"

The boy sighed shrugging, "why do i--," he paused looking at the concern on her face, "fine."

You noticed the boy walking towards you as you shoved a bag of doritos into your purse. "H-Hiro? Hi. I'm just using this as a shopping bag," you gave a nervous laugh.

He shook his head, "you really shouldn't be doing that you know."

"I-I-I don't have any other option..." you stared at the ground and slowly started to back away down the aisle.

Just as Hiro was about to scold you, Cass chimed in, "hey, what's the problem?"

"I was just gonna go..." you pointed in the direction towards the door.

Hiro blatantly stated, "(Y/N)'s taking food thats not hers."

"Oh honey, you don't have to do that. Here, let me pay for your grocieries."