Fangirl

You dropped everything you were holding, which included two shopping bags- one filled with merchandise for the city's new 'superhero team', and one filled with snacks and treats. You jumped up and down, gaining the stare of a few bystanders. Most walked past without batting an eyelash however; you were certainly not the oddest thing happening on the streets of San Fransokyo. A close friend put her hand on your arm, knowing a squeal like this from you could very well be for something small like 'Honey posted a group selfie on tumblr!' She blushed lightly in embarrassment; you were causing an unnecessary scene. Pulling you out of the fangirl world, she whispered into your ear. "(Y/N)! We're in public..."

            However, despite her plead, you refused to stop bouncing in excitement. "No! Didn't you see?!" You were nearly out of breath: hyperventilating. Starstruck. "H-.... H-Hiro and Baymax!! Ohmigosh! They just flew down THIS STREET! Right over our heads!!" You shook her, your eyes lighting up brighter than she'd ever seen. "Hiro Hamada!" You sighed out, looking around as you were drawn back. "The real Hiro Hamada! In the flesh!"

            Your friend giggled, rolling her eyes with a smile as she gathered your bags off the pavement. It was a very good possibility you were the team's #1 fan. She knew just how much they made you happy, how you squealed in excitement over the t-shirts she hunted down for you. "(Y/N), your life's basically complete now." She joked with you, hooking an arm through your elbow and steering you towards a crosswalk. "Come on. I have to get home before 3:00, or Patrick will tell my father!" She started maneuvering across the white lined section of road as soon as the signals permitted you to. Checking your phone quickly, you noted it was 2:15.

            "By 3:00?!" You started dragging her now, feeling guilty for holding her back even though it was so worth it. You were currently in the main residential district of the city, and your friend lived all the way in the high-end, notoriously rich part of the city. Her head butler, Patrick, had already bailed her out of a sticky situation one too many times.

~ ~ ~

            Finding yourselves in her neighborhood with only 5 minutes until her afternoon tea curfew, you hardly paid any attention to your surroundings any longer. Sure, this part of town was much prettier than the rest, but you had no time to admire it now. It was your fault she was running late in the first place.

            "Hurry!" You goaded, taking all the bags from your pal and shaking your head at her. "Run ahead! I know the way from here... If you run, you'll make it!"

            "What?!" She hissed, trying to grab at the bags again. "You're ridiculous! I can't just leave you on the streets here!"

            You turned, denying her from reaching the goods in your arms. "I'm coming over your house anyway! I don't have a curfew!"

            After a few more minutes of bickering, she finally relented. Uttering a frustrated sigh and flicking her long hair back, she looked at you with gratitude. "I owe you one." Her words were soft and quiet before she took off, leaving you alone with 6 large shopping bags. You'd fit in just fine in this neighborhood with that look.

            Dropping two immediately after she left, you took a deep breath. Arguing was not your strong suit, especially with people you liked. At least she gave in, so that you wouldn't have to feel frustrated AND guilty. Sighing again before hauling up the heavy bags, you glanced up at a cherry blossom tree that was shedding petals onto the sidewalk behind you. That was one perk of being able to take your time now; at least you could stop and smell the roses.