World-Building (Society)

Ok, I know it's been a while since I published a chapter in this guidebook, but DON'T BLAME ME!!! I had exams, alright?😑

Anyway...

Today, we are going to go through the last and (to be honest) nearly the least important part of WORLD-BUILDING!!!

SOCIETY.

*insert joker meme*

So buckle up, chumps and get ready for a riiiiiide!!🤪

The first thing you need to know is that no matter where you go, there is ALWAYS a social hierarchy. This is also the reason why communism NEVER WORKS.

People need leaders, ok?

Just imagine humans as wolves.

(I see you omegaverse fans. Some of yall probably raised and eyebrow and straightened up in your seats, suddenly becoming veeeeeery interested. DONT THINK I DONT SEE YOUR GRUBBY LIL SNOUTS RUNNING WITH DROOL)

I digress.

In a pack, there is always an alpha who leads the rest. Without an alpha, everyone else is lost and unable to function as a body until another leader emerges and takes over.

You can never have a society where everyone is equal.

That is the harsh truth.

Although a communist ideology is actually one of a perfect utopia where everyone gets along, get paid the same amount of money and are treated equally, human greed is something that will never be overcome.

Unless, of course, you just so happen to be Jesus or Buddha.

Good luck with that, ya pleb.

Ok, ok, I should stop being political. But you get what I mean.

Anyway, in your fantasy novel, you could go for only two different options:

Either you have a hierarchy or none (but your no-hierarchy will technically still have a hierarchy, so it's kind of a loophole, really).

Also, if you were wondering what hierarchy means, here's your explanation:

A hierarchy is a system in which members of an organisation or society are ranked according to relative status or authority.

So in your hierarchy, is there a king? Is there nobility? Is there a special classification that you made up in your story? Does your main character just so happen to fall into that category?

Three things that you do need to remember, ESPECIALLY if you made a new category in a hierarchy is:

1) Does this category fit with the theme of my book?

2) Where exactly does this category fall in the social status chain?

And most importantly:

3) What does one need to be able to fall into this category?

You see, in a society, certain things are needed for you to get to your position. For example, kings usually have to be of a royal bloodline to take the throne. People don't just randomly go up to a kid on the street and say:

"Hey, kid! Here's a snicker! By the way, you wanna become king?"

THAT IS NOT HOW IT ALL WORKS!!!🤨

For your story to work, you need to consider what achievements one needs to get or have to be able to fit into their role.

Some people may be entitled to the position since birth, while others may have to work hard or fight for the position.

This is how the world works, and it is unfair at times.

BUT THAT IS WHAT WILL MAKE YOUR STORY INTERESTING!

The message of your story may come from this fact even.

------------

CONGRATU-FRICKING-LATIONS!!!! You have finished the crash course guide on how to build up your fantasy novel!!! 🥳

OH NO, BUT WE ARE FAAAAAAAAR FROM OVER!

MWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Next up is...

<<DRUMROLL PLEASE>>

CHARACTER ARCS AND CHARACTER-BUILDING!!

Get ready to dive into sad clichéd backstories, depression, teen angst and general emo shit!!!😌

BUT DO NOTE THAT THIS WILL BE CONTINUED IN A NEW BOOK I'LL BE WRITING!!

See y'all next time, ya' damn plebians~

(no offence intended 🤣)

Bye~