Parenting

Roman and Virgil are married, they have a 13 year old girl named Rowena
Warnings: periods

The day started out normal. Virgil was making lunch while Roman was working in his office. When their daughter walked into the kitchen, fidgeting nervously.

"Hey hon, you ok?" Virgil asked as he turned off the stove. "What's wrong?"

"Uh, papa, I uh, don't freak out." Rowena stuttered. Virgil walked over to her and rubbed her arms.

"Ena, you can tell me anything." Virgil soothed. Rowena bit her lip and took a deep breathe.

"I-I started my period, papa." Rowena said quietly. Virgil gasped and yelled for Roman.

"Ok, that's fine. I'll send your dad out to get pads or tampons whichever one you want. I'll stay here and help you." Virgil said as Roman ran into the kitchen.

"What's wrong!?" Roman gasped, trying to catch his breathe.

"I need you to go to the store and get Rowena pads or tampons. She started her first period." Virgil explained.

Roman's eye grew big, "Oh! Oh, ok. Which do you prefer?" Roman asked.

"Um, I'll start with pads, this is my first one." Rowena spoke. Roman nodded and grabbed his keys. "Dad, do you need me to come with you?" She asked.

"No, no, you stay here with your papa. I'll be back soon." Roman said. He kissed Virgil goodbye and kissed the top Rowena's head. "I'll be back soon." Roman then left the house.

"Alright hon, do you want anything? Like chocolate, sweets, etc." Virgil asked.

Rowena shook her head. "No thanks papa. I'll tell you if I do." She said. Virgil nodded and hugged her.

"My baby girl, growing up on me." Virgil teased. Rowena laughed some and hugged Virgil back.

Meanwhile with Roman

Roman walked into the store. He looked at the pad section before walking over to a worker. "Excuse me?" He asked the worker.

The worker turned around. "Yes?" The female asked.

"What pads would be best for a 13 year old?" Roman asked.

The worker smiled. "Your daughter started her period?" She asked. Roman nodded.

"Yeah, this her first time." Roman explained. The worker smiled and lead him over to the isle.

"So how tall is she. Since this is her first time, I want her to be comfortable." The worker spoke.

"About 5'2." Roman answered.

"Alright, these would really good for her, or these." She pointed out two different types.

"Ok, thanks." Roman said. The worker smiled and walked off. Roman took both packs of pads and checked out.

He then drove home. He opened his front door and called out to his family. "Dad!" Rowena said happily.

"Hey, baby girl. Either of these will be good for you." Roman said as he handed her the pads.

"Thank you!" Rowena ran off into the bathroom.

Virgil walked up to Roman. He wrapped his arms around Roman's neck. "Hey baby." Roman said.

"Hi Ro." Virgil responded. "You did good." Virgil complimented.

"Thanks, baby." Roman answered.