Chapter Eleven

Waking up the next morning, I was definitely feeling the consequences of my actions from the night before.

I squinted my eyes as something on my nightstand caught my attention. There sat a bottle of Advil and a glass of water that I didn't remember placing there. Nonetheless, I quickly took the painkillers to hopefully subdue my piercing headache.

Groggily, I reached for my phone and let out a groan. 8 missed calls and 22 messages from Liam. 'Calla seriously are you okay? Please call me' Sure I had some drinks, but why wouldn't I be okay?

Calling Liam back, the phone didn't even ring twice before he immediately answered. "Calla are you okay?? Did he hurt you?? I swear if he hurt you.." he quickly got out.

"Woah there, calm down," I laughed, "I'm okay really, just a pretty bad headache, but nothing some painkillers can't solve."

He let out a sigh, "I was seriously worried about you Calla. He was so angry and I felt so helpless watching you get in his car.." he trailed off.

My eyebrows furrowed. "What are you talking about?" There was a long pause on Liam's end.

"Calla what's the last thing you remember about last night?"

I thought really hard about it. "You and I were dancing.. And then I said you sucked.." Liam scoffed. "I started dancing with someone else.. Theo, yes, that was his name."

"And then what happened," he pressed on.

"And then you took me home right?" I said unsure.

He let out a sigh. "I wasn't the one who took you home Calla. Miles did." That didn't make sense. Miles wasn't at the party for one. And for two, I know I definitely wouldn't have let him take me home.

"Are you sure you didn't have too much to drink Liam," I laughed.

"I only had a couple of drinks Calla, and it takes more for male werewolves to get drunk than it does for females."

I scoffed, "That's pretty sexist."

Liam chuckled at my joke. "Hey I don't make the rules. I'll see you at school though." We said our goodbyes before hanging up the phone.

As soon as I stood up, I started to feel light headed and ran to the toilet before throwing up my insides. Today was not going to be fun.

I bruised my teeth when I finally finished throwing up and changed into some sweatpants and a sweatshirt. If I had to go to school, I was at least going to be comfortable while nursing this hangover.

Throwing on some sunglasses to block out as much light as I could, I made my way to school. I couldn't help but think about what Liam said. Why would Miles drive me home? He seemed a little too old to be hanging out at a high school party.

Pulling into a parking spot next to Liam's car, he flashed me a smirk. "Here," he said, throwing me something once I got out. Catching it, I was relieved to see it was gatorade.

Liam looked me up and down, "Judging by the looks of it, you're gonna need it," he laughed. I smacked his arm causing him to laugh even harder. "Come on, let's get to class lightweight."

The day dragged on for what felt like forever until it was finally time for my last period, English. Sitting down in my seat, I looked next to me to see the seat was empty. That's odd, usually werewolves don't get sick.

"Hey do you know where Theo is?" I asked one of the other werewolves, James, in the class.

He looked taken aback at my question. "He's in the hospital.."