Chapter Three

Miles's Pov

The chilled glass pressed against my lips as I took a slow drink of the amber whisky. The smooth liquid coated my throat, making me breathe out in ease. Glancing down at the business papers around me, a voice broke through my head.

'Miles, there's a rogue on the north-side territory that's refusing to go down without a fight,' Adrianna, my beta's mate, suddenly said through our mind link.

Chase and Adrianna were two of my best fighters, so bringing in a rogue should have been no problem for them.

Letting out a sigh of frustration, I walked out of the packhouse before allowing my wolf to take over. Black fur sprouted from my limbs as I landed on the ground now on all fours.

I caught their scents easily and began running through the forest. Thudding through the forest, I sniffed the air every now and then, tracking them. My territory stretched on for miles so there was plenty of land to cross.

My ears twitched to the left at the sound of heavy paws stomping on the forest floor. The wolf was moving faster than your average werewolf and I couldn't help but be slightly impressed. Even Chase wasn't as fast as this wolf.

Turning to the direction of the sound, I came to a halt when a scent hit me. It was the most delicious scent I had ever smelt before. I ran faster and faster, trying to devour it.

Out of nowhere, I spotted the rogue sprinting through the trees fast. Digging my claws into the ground, I rammed into her side, sending her flying onto the cold floor.

Snapping my teeth at her, my hackles raised, ready to attack again. If she knew what was best for her, she'd stay on the ground, submitting to me.

Lifting herself off the ground, I growled another warning growl. She snapped her head to me growling, her ear pinned back. The stupid she-wolf should know better than to challenge an alph-

I was suddenly paralyzed as my eyes connected with her's.

I couldn't help, but get lost in those emerald green eyes. They had specks of gold in them, unlike anything I had ever seen before. A rush of heat warmed my entire body. Taking a curious step forward, I sniffed the air again. My fears were correct, she was the delicious scent.

She cocked her head to the side in confusion, staring back at me. Locking eyes once more, she winked at me before spinning on her feet and bolting.

Coming out of my daze, I shook my head and chased after her. Damn was she fast. Even being as strong as I was, I struggled to catch up with her. Mustering up as much endurance as I could, I ran as fast as I could after her.

It wasn't much longer until three more sets of paws caught up with me. Together we chased her through the forest, nearing the waterfall that I knew was ahead. It wouldn't be too much longer until we would have her surrounded with nowhere else to turn.

Coming up to the drop off, her pace slowed. 'This is it, get ready,' I commanded the other three. They nodded in response as we slowed as well.

Without warning, she sprinted and jumped off the cliff. 'Well that's a new one,' Liam chuckled. We all watched as the crazy she wolf neared closer to the water before she shifted.

To say my wolf was highly aroused at the sight of her naked body was an understatement. I heard whistling through our mind link from Liam and let out a warning growl.

Chase sent me a look of confusion which I brushed off. And just like that, her once naked body was replaced with fur as she shifted back into her cream colored wolf before sprinting off again.

'Shouldn't we go after her?' Chase questioned as she ran further away from us.

Liam was quick to snort back, 'Yeah, I'll jump after your ass does!' He shoved Chase with the top of his head which was followed with a growl from Adrianna. This only caused Liam to snicker even more.

I was getting frustrated as more time went on. 'Enough!' I commanded using my alpha tone. Instantly they froze and all was quiet again. Adrianna gave me a look of concern, but said nothing as I stalked towards the pack house.

I needed to be alone to process what I had just uncovered. My wolf was howling with joy, but just because he was ecstatic doesn't mean I was.

Pacing back and forth in my office, I roughly ran my hand through my hair trying to gain control of myself. I couldn't have a mate, it just wasn't possible. I didn't want one. All mates do is make you weak and vulnerable.

Grabbing the vase on the shelf, I threw it hard against the wall, smashing it into hundreds of tiny little pieces. I needed to let out my frustration.

My breathing was coming out heavier and heavier and I knew it wouldn't be too much longer before I lost control over my wolf. You don't become the most feared pack by being weak. Having a mate was one of my worst fears and I would not let some girl make me appear vulnerable and cloud my judgment.

Shifting into my wolf, I rammed through the door to my office, knocking it off its hinges. I could see Chase looking in my direction. Concern flashed through his eyes as he sighed, picking up the now broken door. He knew better than to question my current state.

Sprinting out of the house, I entered the woods hoping to find a release.

It wasn't too much longer before I caught the scent that I was searching for. Standing before me was a herd of 4 deer. Sizing them up, I went for the biggest first, knowing he'd put up the most fight. I wasn't hungry, I just needed to take my anger out on something.

Ambushing it from behind, I clamped my teeth around its lower leg, causing it to cry out in pain. Satisfied when I heard the sound of the bone snapping, I let the deer go, smirking, as I watched it struggle to get away knowing it wouldn't get very far.

Going after the other three was too easy. I quickly caught the one and slashed its back with my claws. Clasping my jaws around her neck, I shook my head back and forth causing her to go limp in my mouth. Tossing it to the side, I went after the other two. With a quick slash to the neck and a bite to the side, they both laid still at my feet.

Turning back to the biggest deer that I left for last, I slowly stalked over to him. As I predicted, he only got a few yards. Laying on the ground panting heavily he let out squalls of pain.

This only made me grin as I lunged at him, going for the kill shot. Tearing out his jugular, hot sticky blood poured down my jowls and neck.

Four dead deer later, and I still wasn't feeling any better. Everywhere I turned all I could smell was her. The scent of vanilla and evergreen burned through my nose. Her scent was suffocating me.

With only that brief of an interaction, she already had this much of an impact on me. I did not know her, but I hated her already. An idea started forming in my mind that had my wolf howling in protest.

Making my way back to the pack house, I called Chase to meet me in my office. My mind was set, this was the only way.

Shifting, I grabbed a pair of shorts that were laid out on the front porch for me and slipped them on. As I walked through the house, I tried to shut my wolf out, who would not shut up in my head.

"Hey Miles, what's up.." Chase's voice trailed off as he looked at my face, which more than likely had blood all over it.

I took a seat behind my desk before calmly pouring myself a drink. Taking a sip, I welcomed the burn and smiled. "The rogue from today," he nodded hesitantly, "if she steps foot on my land again, kill her."