Dream Child! . . . prologue

SICK ANGELS 
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈. ( dream child! 

 ( dream child! ) 

     To be in love was to be hurt.

     To put your all into someone, to desire and admire every piece of someone was to be torn to shreds. It was to feel as if your heart had been shattered inside your chest with no means of ever being put back together.

     That was something Marietta Grey knew quite well, and without Lady Luck peering over her side or a four leaf clover sitting in her front yard, Marietta was not planning on falling in love any time soon.

      Plus, Marietta Grey was still figuring herself out. She was going to experience the real world, whether she liked it or not and she caught herself staring at pretty girls, imagined herself hugging them, and holding hands. Marietta, simply does not have time to fall in love when she doesn't even know herself!

      But guys would always fall into play, and Marietta was stuck. She got herself wrapped up in trying to set up Fleur Delacour with a guy she didn't even know— and better yet, she didn't even know Fleur!  Marietta wasn't dreading anything more— speaking to the Veela girl was not something she wanted to do and she certainly did not want to fall in love with her.

       Things change, don't they? And soon, Fleur is the only girl Marietta could ever imagine a future— a happy ever after with. 

      Because Marietta Grey was ethereal, of course, but she was a child at heart. She painted her nails pretty colors and laughed at terrible jokes. She talked about school gossip with her sisters and she believed her happy ever after would come.

      Marietta's a dream child, and she would continue to hold on to the unreachable dreams she dreamt. Fleur Delacour was way too perfect for her, she knew that, and the Grey family had never had luck on their side.

      Fleur Delacour hurt her. She made Marietta's heart yearn for her and she made Marietta's stomach turn. She made Marietta dream, and she made Marietta believe they would live a happy ending together. 

      Fleur Delacour hurt Marietta Grey in all the best ways possible.

saturn speaks!

marietta is so 🥺🥺 and i love her so much ugh

this is also the best prologue i've written in a longgg time i'm proud of myself :)))

have a great morning/day/night wherever u are ily <333