Chapter 6

"He found the colors to paint her
where the world had left her grey."

~Atticus

*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 6

Arabella parks her motorcycle before taking off her helmet and runs her fingers through her hair as she gets off the bike. She adjusts her bag so that it was only on one shoulder before she bends slightly to take Marco's jacket out from the saddle bag.

Her entire body breaks out with warmth and without realizing it, her lips tilt up into a fond smile before she lets out a small chuckle as she feels the texture of the jacket with her palm and fingers.

She hadn't had that much fun as she did with Marco yesterday in a very long time.

FLASHBACK

"I'm Marco, by the way." He flashes her a smile before he turns to the dance machine to throw tokens in.

Arabella smirks as he stands in the spot next to her, "I'm Bella Evans. But, mostly, everyone calls me Evans. I thought you should know that since I'm going to be kicking your ass."

Marco laughs with a shake of his head, "Well, I'd rather take it on this machine than around a field."

Arabella felt her entire body lit up with amusement as he mentions what she did to the poor boys on the field today, "Ooof, good one."

Her heart decided at that moment to beat even faster as their eyes meet and she wasn't that stupid to not realize the way he was looking at her. Or the way she was looking at him and she could stare at him all day if it meant that it felt like her entire surroundings had disappeared and the only thing that she could think about was her heart slamming against her chest and Marco in front of her.

Arabella clears her throat as she feels the vibrations of the machine zing her feet when it says 'ready' and it probably short circuited her brain to finally think properly.

"Get ready." Marco starts.

"To beat you? Oh, I already am." She throws back.

Marco liked the challenging gleam in her eyes as she shot him a look that said 'We will see who wins'. He looks back to the machine as he tries to get his body to function with his brain.

Her voice was strong and confident. Her posture was sure and graceful for a girl as tall as her. And her eyes were what attracted him the most. He wanted to get closer to see that slight specs of gold when the light meets it or see if the blue swirls with the green or if it changes colors and shapes because of her emotions.

Marco was knocked out of his thoughts as the music begin and he looks to his side to throw her a grin, only to see her grinning right back at him. Her light pink cheeks that made her freckles look as if it was glowing made him want to get closer to count it, to see if her cheeks would get darker, hoping her cheeks would get darker as the defined shape and softness of it seem to beg him to caress the swell of it.

Arabella had to control not letting her breath get stuck in her throat at the dazed smoldering way he was looking at her as she retorts, "If you're going to keep staring you're going to drill a hole in my face."

Marco feels his cheeks heat at Arabella calling him out on his staring as both of them move to the sound of the song and the arrows on the screen.

Arabella lets out a laugh as she twirls around to go to the other arrow and moves effortlessly to the beat; scoring 'perfect' on the machine.