Chapter 7

"And
out of her
great sorrow
and fear,
came one
exhilarating
seed of
thought
that consumed
her in a calming
wave of love and hope -
she was free."

~Atticus

   *~*~*~*~*

Chapter 7

Arabella takes her phone out of her pocket when the teacher announces that she was going to fetch some papers or something. Arabella had lost her the second she said 'I am leaving for a few minutes to..."

She looks down at her phone after she unlocks it to see a message from Noah.

'Soooo? Are you gonna tell me who the guy was I overheard on the phone yesterday 👀😏?'

'New kid in school. Ran into him and spilled my milkshake.' She replies before leaning back into her chair as she sees the three dots moving, indicating that Noah was typing.

'Just the new kid 🤨🤔? Come on, Ari, spill. You didn't text me until late last night and when I asked Elle about you she said that you didn't come home yet but when you did, you had a jacket on she didn't recognize😉😉😉.'

Arabella feels her jaw drop momentarily, freaking tattle tale, that sister of hers.

'I hanged out with him yesterday, okay? And,' she bites the corner of her lip as she tries not to smile at the thought of Marco, 'His company wasn't that bad...'

She sends it just as the teacher walks in. Arabella puts her phone down at the corner of the desk before picking up her pen.

"...that hot."

Arabella frowns as she lifts her head when she hears a familiar voice over the intercom, the voices flares around the room, gaining everyone's attention.

"He's just a guy... Woaaah!"

Her eyes widen, that is definitely Elle's voice. What the hell was her sister doing speaking over the intercom and about a guy no less?

"Sweet Mercy! Jeez. Hellooo. God! The OMG'S were right. This guy is a snack indeed."

Arabella coughs into her fist in surprise and amusement. And the fact that everyone in class was listening intently was even more hilarious. But, then, Arabella processed who her sister was talking about, the OMG'S, snack... ooh, Marco.

She was talking about Marco.

Arabella was still amused. Of course, none other than her sister would find a way to embarrass herself like this but a small part of her, very small, couldn't help but be irritated.

She shook her head, telling herself that it was because Elle is dating Flynnigan and should not be admiring other guys so openly but deep down, she knew it was because she had her mind set on Marco. And just the thought of Elle stealing another guy from her made her clench her fists. She forces herself to push those negative emotions down.

"...maybe he is also the dessert too."

"Tell me more."

Arabella's eyes squint at the second voice. She knew that voice. It was filled with mischievous curiosity. It was that goth girl. From the tone of her voice, Arabella just knew that that girl was aware that Elle was speaking on the intercom and wants to embarrass her more.

This brought back a memory of the last girl who messed with her sister.

FLASHBACK

Arabella sips her drink as she laughs at something Lee said. The small party they threw at the Flynns' house was filled with music, drinking, pool games, and fun.