Looking for someone

"Neh neh," groveling on the tatami mat, melting into a slug. Ashiya has been looking for a new employee for quite some time, "what should I doooo.."

Work has been really difficult, and he wanted some free time so he could enjoy his high school life. Ashiya has asked help from the legislator to get a new employee, but the sky blue haired man would just laugh at him. He would repeatedly say "Who would want to work for a boss that is scared of everything?"

Ashiya has posted flyers in the underworld hoping a yokai would heed his calls, but everyone knows the new human master would be too difficult to work with..that is, he was too anxious and would continuously complain. No one could take him seriously, but he surprisingly does his job well for someone who is scared of the dark. Most yokai adored him and greeted him often when he visited the town. Sometimes they would give him snacks, and being unable to refuse, he would eat them knowing full well he would get a stomachache. It became a running gag to feed Ashiya and laugh at him, but all was out of fun. Still, no one would want to be his employee. There was one particular yokai that grew fond of him, someone he named Fuzzy, but the fluff-balls presence wasn't enough to get the job done.

The chimes rang inside the mononokean,
"Why not post in the mundane world? ( '∀`)there may be a human like you who can see~" the little scroll scribbled faces all around, trying to cheer him up.
Ashiya, having no hope left, scribbles a little flyer to hang up in his school.

--hiring immediately, exorcism, call me here--

He gave out a long sigh, knowing this was a last resort. He's never come across other humans other than his own family. Nevertheless he gets changed, putting on his indoor shoes and asks the mononokean to head to the nurses room so he can post the flyer on the bulletin board. He originally wanted to post it at the bulletin board where the lockers were, but there were too many club posters plus-- no one could really see the poster regardless. There was a higher chance of coming across someone who has been possessed for a long period of time where they will begin to see transparent yokai. There was more hope placing it in that location.

He took a big breath in, "Okay then, let's head to class!" He slides the door across, walking to the far desk in the front. He takes a look at the sleeping boy behind him, not wanting to disturb him, he quietly takes his notebooks out and gets ready for class.

The yellow haired peeks up, noticing how Ashiya was smiling at something on the teachers desk. A small little yokai, a frog with one eye dressed in a grey cloak. It smiles at him and hops off. Ashiya waved the little one goodbye and looked at his desk filled with papers.

Abeno, curious as to why the person in front of him was so obvious, glances at Ashiyas desk as well.... It was just papers of tests they took with a letter C grade on them. He contained his laughter by coughing into his arm, covering his face to make it look like he was heading back to sleep.

Ashiya looks behind him at the suddenly coughing boy, and he doesn't see any yokai on him.

Ah, doesn't he skip often? He is probably just a sick person. On second thought...

Ashiyas eyes widened in fear.

YANKEE?!

He side eyes the once again sleeping boy..but Abeno could feel his stares at him. He gives a quick glare, making Ashiya turn stiff.

My life is over.. I'm sitting in front of a yankee...

He smiled a painful one. Was it tears of sadness, or perhaps tears of acceptance, Ashiya began avoiding the so-called yankee at all costs.

...

It was now physical activity time where they began to play soccer. Ashiya looks around, noticing that there's an uneven amount of people. He was already tired from last night's job, so he sat on the bench watching the others pass the ball to each other.

"ASHIYA! DUCK!" Ashiya looks up, hearing Fushi's voice. In that moment, the ball spun on his face for a couple of seconds until it fell in his lap. Blood started pooling out of his nose, lip cut and face full of dirt. "GET THE TEACHER!!"

Ashiya couldn't say anything with the amount of blood coming out of his nose but was allowed to walk to the nurses office alone. Without much thought, he opens the door. The window was open, making the curtains wave about, letting the sun hit in different directions. He turns to the desk and sees no teacher. He finds a silhouette behind one of the floating curtains. Holding his nose with a cloth he asks,

"E-excuse meeee.."

The student turns around, shocked at the amount of blood. He wasn't the only one shocked, as Ashiya yells an intense cry seeing the sleepy yankee again.

"SORRY! I'll leave!" He makes a 180, speed walking towards the door. Abeno grabs his wrist, making Ashiya whip around. He dragged him to one of the beds and sat him down.

"You have blood all over your face. Here.." Abeno turns around, rolling up his sleeves to wet a warm cloth for him. A stunned look came across the bloody nose boy. The pause was unbearable- making Abeno rip the bloody towel from Ashiyas hand and rubbing the wet towel over his face. "Are you a baby?" He was rubbing the cloth aggressively against Ashiyas face, making him yell in pain to stop.

Ashiya held the cloth over his nose a little longer, but took a peek at Abenos face who returned to the sink to set the bloody towel and wash his hands. Why was this yankee being so nice? Did he misread him?

"Thank you, Abeno-san!" His blue eyes looked curiously at the grunting boy. "Are you usually here during 4th period?" He turns his head, looking for something to focus on. There was a piece of paper at the desk he was sitting at.

A small little "mm" came from Abeno. "The teacher goes on a lunch break at this time. He usually takes a little longer than he's suppose to.." he rings out the towel aggressively, "that stupid teacher leaving me to do all the dirty work.."

Eek- I gotta be sure not to get on his bad side.. I guess that teacher left everything to Abeno-san here.

The paper fluttered as the wind came through, making the paper land at Ashiyas feet. He reaches down,

..?

This was the flier outside of the nurse's room. How did it end up inside? Abeno looks at the paper in his hand, but says nothing. A minute of realization takes over, "Abeno...san.. Can you see this?" Ashiya made an -ah-  face. He kept thinking in his head that it wouldn't be possible.

"Yeah. I'm surprised no one else has caught you looking at them because you don't hide it." He scratched the back of his neck showing no sign of lying. "I'm sure that hairball has noticed me looking a few times." The fluffy ball jumped, making all of its fur stand up.

Without a second thought, Ashiya got off the bed and down on his hands and knees.

"PLEASE.. BECOME MY EMPLOYEE." 

__________
Hello, Anon11400 here.

I originally set this out to be another one shot but it was already three pages long so I resorted to splitting it into parts. Please be sure to support Wazawa-sensei, and leave a comment if you do enjoy my writing.

Thank you,