𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂

The cool air blew, ironically adding fuel to the fire. He stood, wrapped in bandages as his arms continue to heal, the tears he tried to stop so hard now overflowing.

Tomioka patted his back, as if trying to lessen the burden of having to lose his almost-lover and brother at the same time.

"They don't want to see you like this." Despite the lack of emotions in Tomioka's voice, Sanemi knew that the pillar is trying to lift up his mood.

"I know, I'm trying so fucking hard—" he gripped his white locks tightly, almost threatening to rip it off out of rage, frustration and grief that is continuously spilling out of his chest.

This past few days, he felt like he is floating while on the infirmary. He felt like a robot for once— eating, drinking, resting and repeating. No voice came out of him, as if they are tired from the screams and sobs he emitted everytime he thinks about Genya, and you.

Shakily he explained your final moments to your apprentices— and to your cherished adopted kid, Sora. He knew the child is in immense pain than the other two, holding his small frame against him as he tried to calm the boy down.

Sanemi can feel his heart crack, the already broken pieces are hammered to be crushed in a much more finer piece.

His eyes are puffy and red, almost threatening to be empty when your final moments kept replaying like a broken record inside his mind.

Will he even ever love again?

..

Sanemi Shinazugawa never loved again, too afraid and too consumed to find someone that would mend his broken heart.

He took care of Sora, letting the other two live their life the way they wished. The kid is more than happy to spend time with him, their bond strengthening to be something like father and son.

He met a few women in his life, but the only thought in his mind is:

None of them is you.

Grumpily he refused to let someone be close to his heart in a romantic way, knowing that if he had another half he still won't love them fully.

He can't devote himself to someone that is not you. Instead of seeing their own faces, his mind plays tricks on tricking that they are you.

Instead of relationships, he tried to focus on Sora and healing himself.

Some nights they went stargazing, and in those moments he temporarily forgot the heavy pain that settled inside his heart.

Other days they went on and bake ohagi or went to a nearby lake and catch few fishes. To be honest, his hot-blooded temper diminished as time passed by— resulting a much more softer persona.

But of course he still has his sleepless moments. He wondered how would his life go on if you lived, snuggling in his arms every night until you fall asleep.

He wondered if your soft snores will eventually lull him into sleep, and the next morning he will wake up with your form still curled up beside him.

Eventually he went over it, despite the permanent scar he pushed on forward— the pain still there but numbed.

Tomioka is sometimes there to share drinks with him, and along the lines the water pillar finally found his other half, and he is more than happy for Tomioka to finally find someone who'd stick beside him.

In the first time of Sanemi's life, he finally felt contentment settle in. You really did change him, for the better.

..

If there is anyone who is wondering, this chapter is the aftermath of the final battle!