one

It was a regular August morning and I was in me and Harry's room, we were normally the first ones awake so we would just talk for an hour before starting our day. The Dursley's made it literal hell and treated us as if we were house elves so this peace was the best thing we had.

"Wait so if I'm getting this right, you had a crush on granger?" I said, surprised.

"In my defense it was only for a week!" He said, embarrassed.

"A week!?" I laughed.

"Oh piss off, didn't you like Malfoy for the entirety of 2nd year?"

"Shut up" I said.

"That's what I thought" he said as he got up and went to the bathroom. A few moments after he left I saw Hedwig outside the window with a letter, when I went to grab it from her I realized that it was from Dashanti, for me.

"Thanks Hedwig" I said as I opened the letter to see her sloppy writing.

Dear Delilah,

I miss you, it's been a dreadful summer in New York. I'm hoping that this will get to you and not one of the Dursley's so please, if you can, write me back. Speaking of Dursley's how are you? I hope they aren't being as bad as usual, it's good that we only have a week until we go back to Hogwarts. I'm so excited to be back and see you, I don't want to keep you long or risk any of the Dursley's finding this letter so ummm I'll see you soon, take care.

Love,

Shanti

P.S. Tell Harry I said Hi

I hadn't realized that we only had one week before going to Hogwarts, that instantly made me feel better about this whole place. Harry came back and saw me with the letter.

"What's that?"

"Letter from Shanti" I responded.

"Oh cool," He said.

"Hello Hedwig, took you long enough to get back home"

"Harry guess what, we only have a week before we go back to Hogwarts" I said excitedly.

"Thank Merlin, Dudley has me going insane"

"I know, he's an arsehole" I said as I got up and went to the door.

"I reckon we have around twenty minutes before the muggles wake up so I'm going to go shower, I'll be out in five" I said as I got my clothes I had picked out last night from the table.

* * *

Slowly, the days went by and it was August 31st's night.

"I can't believe we go back tomorrow" I said.

"Yeah, we have to be up early, the sooner we get out, the better." he said as he went up to the top bunk of our bed.

Moments later, I turned off the light and went to the bottom bunk.

"Goodnight Harry."

"Goodnight Dee"

*The next morning*

I woke up before anyone and immediately went to the bathroom to get ready, I was so eager to get to Diagon Alley.

I woke harry up as I finished braiding my hair.

"Blimey, how are you already ready?" he asked, seeing as I already had my outfit on with my robe over it.

"I woke up like an hour ago, now get ready quick! We don't want to be late, I promised Hermione that we would meet her and Ron at The Leaky Cauldron around 9, it's already 7:30." I said.