Prologue

"Dan?" Phil called, racing down the hall towards his flat. He had been in town all day. Dan promised to call Phil once he arrived home safely from PJ's house, and so far, he hadn't gotten a call. Dan was expected to return four hours ago.

"Dan?" Phil repeated after he unlocked the flat door. He looked around the seemingly empty room. Dan wasn't in the kitchen or living room. Phil threw his keys on the counter and walked quickly down the hallway. Dan's door was closed with the lights off. Phil knocked on the door, calling out his friend's name again, this time, more urgently. When Phil's only reply was silence, he pushed open the door. 

It was dark and the air smelled metallic. Phil heard harsh, short gasps of air. He quickly turned on the lights. 

Dan was lying on the floor, looking right at Phil. His forearms were facing upward. They were covered with various cuts, deep and ragged. Blood was flowing out of Dan's arms onto the floor. His chest was moving violently as his stomach moved up and down. His pupils shook back and forth. His lips also had cuts all over them. Blood dripped out the side of his mouth. A silver razor rested in Dan's left hand.

Phil ran over to Dan and got on his knees. He leaned over him and placed the sleeve of his hoodie over the cuts on Dan's wrist. Within a few seconds his sleeve was soaked completely with his friend's blood. Dan had no reaction.  Phil let out a cry and took out his phone, dialing 999.

"My friend....h-he's bleeding...a lot..." Phil said, hysterically crying. "I-I'm losing him...his eyes are shaking and his chest and stomach are convulsing..." He sobbed into the phone. Phil reached a shaking hand and ran it through Dan's fringe. 

Phil hysterically told the operator their address and then threw his phone across the room. With shaking hands, he ripped off his hoodie and tied each sleeve around Dan's wrists to stop the bleeding. Dan was unable to respond to Phil. He just kept convulsing.  

"Stay with me..." Phil whispered.

 When the paramedics arrived to take Dan, Phil had to be dragged away from his friend so they could put him on a stretcher. He screamed out Dan's name as they put him on the stretcher, tears spilling down his pale face. Phil sat in the ambulance with Dan as the medics tried their best to stop the bleeding. Phil sat by Dan's head and looked into those beautiful cinnamon eyes. 

"Stay with me."

Phil Lester awoke from his slumber and ran his shaking hands over his blazing, warm stomach. He sat up and realized that his face was wet from tears, his sheets soaked from sweat.

He had the dream again.

Phil stood up and sat on the floor for a moment, his knees pulled up to his chest. He took deep breaths and then stood up. He walked to Dan's room and opened the door. He was lying in his bed sound asleep. Phil crawled in Dan's bed next to him, the sheets cool. He found relief in watching Dan's chest move up and down as he slept. Phil looked at him. He looked so beautiful sleeping, the moonlight illuminating the room.  His hair was shiny, his facial features peaceful. 

He didn't look like someone who almost died a month ago.

________________________________

Hey guys! So this is going to be an ongoing series adapted from my oneshot phanfiction, Skinny Love. This is a series written by request. If you haven't read my oneshot, please do so! It's in my profile. :D More coming soon. x