Chapter fourteen

LINK POV
After yet another failed attempt at awakening her powers Zelda has decided that she has one last chance to awaken her power. She will go to the spring of Wisdom on Mt Lanayru and give it one last chance. The other day when we were put riding she told me that she has no evidence or reason to think that the spring of wisdom will help in any way. But there is always a chance and if we believe then anything is possible.

Today we are going to go up to the spring of wisdom.

I can only hope that this works as it could be our last chance to awaken her power before Ganon arrives to destroy Hyrule.

Zelda asked me to get the champions to wait at the foot of the mountain for us to return successful (hopefully).

Now that Zelda has finished at the spring of wisdom once again to no avail we have to walk all the way down the mountain to break the news to the champions.

As we make it to the foot of the mountain we can see that the champions are waiting for us and they look so hopeful.

I know that it's not my fault but I feel like I have let everybody down, but Zelda would be feeling a lot worse than I was.

When we got down to the group Urbosa gave Zelda a comforting look as if she could already tell what happened.

She then gave the other champions a look suggesting that they don't say a word, but clearly ignoring it or being just plain stupid, Daruk had the nerve ask "How did everything go on the mountain?". After he said that I look over to see Urbosa giving Daruk the death stare which he was also oblivious to.

Zelda just shook her head.

Suddenly the ground started shaking for no reason. We all began to panic, what was happening was it just an earthquake or was it something worse.

Revali decided to glide up to get a better view of what was happening.

When he returned to the ground he gave us the news.

"He's here, Ganon has awakened."

"All right we need to act fast." Urbosa said. "The champions will head to their Devine beasts, Link will head to the castle and Princess you will need to get some where safe."

"No, I won't run and hide while my friends are out there risking their lives, there has to be something I can do." Zelda said.

Urbosa just smiled. "All right then let's do this."

                               ***

There is nothing left.

We completely underestimated his power.

All we can do now is run and prey that we don't get caught.

At this point I'm surprised that we're still alive.

Suddenly I lost grip of Zelda's hand and she fell to the ground.

"How did things get so bad?"

"We completely underestimated his power, and because of that countless lives have been lost."

"If only I had unlocked this cursed power in time."

"Urbosa, the other champions and my father, everyone that I have ever cared about is gone because of me!"

"Why, why did it have to be like this link!" She cries as I comforted her.

She's right, I have lost all hope that we will win this battle. We fought bravely to the end but still it wasn't enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote and comment if you like this chapter ❤️