Chapter 6: Competitions, Competitions

Competition Day

I awake for the competition in complete dizziness. My mind is all boggled up and my body is trembling in sadness that I have to get up and ready. I have never liked waking up for competitions. Ever. Like whenever I have to do a dance. I am always so unmotivated and tired. But, then my mom tries to perk me up a little which wakes me up a bit more so I can at least dance. You know?

I struggle to my clothing drawers and pick out my official pink and black ALDC jacket with my name in sparkly sequins on the back. And my sweatpants that go along with it. I also pick out a simple pink short sleeved shirt.

I slide my clothes on and grab my sequined brush. I go through my rugged hair in disgust of it. After that, I grab a hair elastic and wrap my hair into it. I just could not look at my hair any longer.

I walk out of my room tired and hungry. I head downstairs and hoping to find food on the table. I found a pop tart and a glass of Orange juice. My mom was rushing to get Maddie ready. She was grabbing all the make up and the hair supplies. I do not even know what time it is. I get to the bottom of the stairs and glance at the clock on the microwave. It is 6 o'clock on the dot. We have to be at the studio at 6:45. So, we have some time. I do not get why my mom is rushing so much.

I head to the table and start munching on my pop tart. It was a creamy strawberry pop tart. My favorite flavor of pop tarts. Maddie already ate because she woke up earlier than me to get ready. That is what she usually does. Mom always lets me sleep in a little on competition days. Maddie always freaks out on competition days. I have no idea why? She is just under too much stress nowadays. It's crazy.

I glimpse at my last itty, bitty piece of my pop tart and them I throw it into my starving mouth, then I take a big gulp of orange juice. It was the last of it anyways. Why let it go to waste? As I clean up my breakfast, I glimpse at the time. 6:28. We had to head to the studio now and fast. We were going to be late for our bus. I scream to my mom and she is already packed and about to head out the door. Maddie sprints out to the car and slams the door tight. Mom grasps my arm with her empty hand and she pushes me toward the car. I sprint to the car like Maddie did, while Mom was locking the door and bringing all of our necessities for the competition. It is 6:34 and we head out as soon as possible. She slams the car keys into the ignition and pulled out of our driveway so fast, you probably wouldn't have time to blink.

6:44 AM, 1 minute til the bus leaves

We pull into the studio and park messily into our parking spot. We open our doors in a heartbeat and sprint right towards our bus. Thank God they didn't leave without us. It wouldn't be the same. At all. We tucked in all of our makeup and sorts and sat down panting heavily. Everyone gave us weird looks, but they knew we were in a hurry to our competition. Miss Abby Walks up to the front of the bus and announces:

" Okay girls! Time for our competition at Starbound! You all have to be in your best behavior and remember, you are representing me when you dance. I can create you future. Okay, let's get the show on the road! Bus driver?" Miss Abby says while glancing at every single girl on our bus.

"Yep, on our way" The bus driver says solemnly as he hits the gears.

All the girls talk about the competition in the back of the empty bus. I am with my Mom trying to get a little bit more sleep....

Starbound Competition: 8: 06 AM, 54 minutes until competition starts

I awake as I realize that we have arrived at our destination: Starbound Competition. Mom shakes me a bit on my sore shoulder as I rub my eyes gently. She re-does my hair so I don't look like a total freak. Then, I start getting off the bus as Mom gets Maddie and our over sized luggage. I mean seriously, it's huge. Mom and Maddie catch up to me as they are in a rush to get ready and rehearse. I had nothing to do, basically. I have to perform nothing. Nothing. It felt good not to worry this time around.