Chapter 1: The pyramid

So, we all get to dance class and Miss Abby is waiting by the mirror as usual. Same old, same old. So, we all get into our line in front of Miss Abby and she tells us the order in the pyramid.

" At the bottom of the pyramid is Nia. You were on beat behind in the group dance. Next on the bottom is Paige. Your part in the group dance looked sloppy and you forgot some of your solo. Next is Mackenzie. You did a fairly good job in the group dance and that is why you are here. Next on the pyramid is Brooke. You did an amazing job in the group dance, but poorly in your solo. Next is Chloe. Your solo was great, but I expected you to get a higher title. And at the top of the pyramid is Maddie. You won first place for your solo and you deserved it." Miss Abby said in her usual voice.

I am kinda sad that I am at the bottom of the pyramid, but I am getting there.

" Chloe, Maddie and Brooke are in a trio. Then, Mackenzie, Nia, and Paige are in a trio. Chloe and Maddie and Mackenzie have solos. The group dance will include everybody, but Mackenzie. A little too mature for you. Ok lets go to our stretches, moms you are dismissed" Miss Abby said.

Yay! I have a solo and I am in a trio with Nia and Paige. No group dance though. I am sad about that, but everything else is great. So, I get to my stretches which take about 10 minutes or so. I can see all the moms up in the balcony. They are talking about like the places the girls are in. I hate how my mom gets picked on for Maddie being at the top of the pyramid. Jealous much.

So they all start with the group dance and I go to tap. I wish I was in the group dance. Not fair! I wish I could dance like Maddie. She is an amazing dancer. She has so much skill and creativity to her dances. That is what I want to do. I want to shine.

We have to stay at the studio for a long time. It is like forever til we get out. I wish I had breaks. So, I can take a nap. That will not happen. I know it will not. So, I get out of tap and I practice my solo with Miss Abby. She is kinda rough on me cause she wants me to get better and better. I try to keep my emotions inside but sometimes I can not help it. I love my solo. I wish I could have one every week like Maddie and Chloe.

Someday that will happen. Someday.