Chapter 2: Practice Makes Perfect! Sometimes....

So, I am practicing my trio with Paige and Nia. I love the acro and the cool tricks we get to do. It is so up-beat and loud and outrageous. Kinda like me. I am the one who always gets underestimated cause I am the youngest. That is not fair at all. I should have a chance to show Miss Abby that I am not a waste in her company. Everyone else has basically.

So, I have to do a side aerial in this number and I just love anything acro. I like the challenge in it and the flexibility. Miss Abby always says practice makes perfect. So, I have to make sure not to do anything wrong. Or she yells at us. While I am practicing, I see Christi up in the booth thing yelling at my mom. I feel so bad for my mom. I wish I could hear what they are talking and yelling about.

IN THE BOOTH THINGY

" I can't believe your two daughters have solos. I knew Maddie would get one, but not Kenzie. She seems a little too young for her solo" Christi says in a disgusted voice. " Well I am so happy for the both of them. And why do you have to be so jealous of my daughters? Your daughter is just as good as everyone else. So, why do you have to criticize mine?" Melissa says sorta yelling at Christi. " Well why didn't Nia or Paige or Brooke get a solo? They are more older and more mature than Mackenzie. Just my opinion. Your daughters are just so spoiled and that is why Miss Abby thinks they are the best cause you let them have privates. My daughter does, but not as much as your spoiled kids have!" Christi screams at Melissa. " I am done, absolutely done! My daughters are not spoiled! They deserve their right to dance and that is why I give it to them! Leave me alone! I am out of here!" Melissa screams as she runs to get Kenzie and Maddie. " Wow, she ran out again!" Kelly says as Holly is shaking her head.

BACK IN THE STUDIO

I am practicing my solo and it is an acro number. As always, I love it. But, I did a wrong turn and Miss Abby yelled at me. " Why did you forget your turn! I told you to correct it and correct it! If your going to mess up time and time again, you will never get anywhere! Practice Makes Perfect!" Miss Abby screams at me. I start tearing up. " Oh, save your tears for the pillow!" she screams at me again. As I am dismissed, my mom runs in and and takes me into the hall and tells me to wait here. She goes and tries to find Maddie. I wonder what happened that made her so angry. She finds Maddie and brings her out into the hall as well. She takes us and leads us to the car. I can't leave cause I have to practice my solo and practice the trio! How will I ever get things done when the moms anger my mom enough to make her leave?

We get in the car and drive home. Now I have to practice and practice and practice! Ughh. I wish things were easier! Now I can finally take a nap!