5. Anger And Possessiveness

I was in a good mood, so I thought, why not just post another chapter? 😏

Enjoy 😉🌹

_______________________________________

Hooriya's POV:

What was wrong with that guy? All I did was ask him how much sugar he wanted, but even that seemed to anger his royal highness! He's the one who forced me into this marriage in the first place and yet he's been giving me the cold shoulder as if he's the victim here. I huffed angrily as I put water on the stove and starting putting in the milk. A good cup of chai (Pakistani tea) is exactly what I need right now. I had told all the servants to go to sleep as I didn't need any help preparing tea and also because I had a feeling our guests were going to stay a bit longer than guests normally would. Not that I mind, they were all so sweet and welcoming that it almost felt like I'd known them my whole life, which in a way I had. And not to mention how they had offered a road trip to the most beautiful parts of Pakistan on a golden platter the very next minute! I loved road trips, especially the ones we had together here in Pakistan with our families.

As I was taking out tea cups from the cabinet, I felt a presence behind me. I abruptly turned around only to come face to face with Suleiman, who was leaning against the kitchen door. I gave him a questioning look as I asked him if he needed anything. Instead of answering, he just kept staring at me. His constant staring was starting to become very unsettling as I rolled my eyes and continued with my tea making. After about 10 seconds, I felt a hand on my waist. I gasped. What the hell? I turned around only to again come face to face with Suleiman, who was almost plastered to my body this time.

"Ye kya batameezi hai? Chorein mujhe! (What absurdness is this? Let go of me!)" I whisper-yelled as I tried to get out of his vice-like hold. He gave me a look that would have even the devil think twice before approaching him. I gulped.

"Kya matlab batameezi? Biwi ho tum meri, lakin shayed tum ya baat bhol chuki ho, (What do you mean absurdness? You are my wife, but from the looks of it you seem to have forgotten that)" He pulled me even closer and now I was all but plastered to his chest. I had never been this close to any male except my father and brother, and the nervousness and shyness was starting to creep in.

"Ky-kya matlab h-hai apke? Aur please thori distance rakhein, agar kisi nay dekh liya tou acha nahi hoga, (Wh-what do y-you mean? And please keep a little distance, it won't be good if someone sees us)" I could practically feel my cheeks burning as I stared at his black kameez clad chest, trying to avoid his burning gaze.

"Mein tumhara kon hun, Hooriya? (Who am I to you, Hooriya?) Hmm?" He asked in his deep, husky voice as I felt his breath fanning over my ear. A shiver went down my spine at our proximity. He squeezed my waist and I yelped. I finally looked up to find him glaring at me again.

"Pehlay tou bara bhai bhai kehti phir rahi thein, ab kya hoya? (You were continuously going around saying brother earlier, what happened now?" Before I could even comprehend what he was saying, I heard footsteps coming our way. I pushed Suleiman with all my might and he, not expecting the sudden push, stumbled back.

"Hooriya yaar (Kind of like saying dude) what's taking so lo-"He paused seeing Suleiman standing there and gave us a questioning look. I just stared back at him at a loss for words.

"Mein bus paani lene aye tha. Shukria Hooriya, (I just came to get some water. Thank you Hooriya)" My heart almost came out of my chest when I heard him say my name. He then turned around and, giving me and Bilal polite smiles, left the kitchen. When my heart finally calmed down I looked up to find Bilal giving me puzzled looks. I then realised that I had completely zoned out. I cleared my throat and turned around telling Bilal to wait for five more minutes. He gave me a long, assessing look but then finally left mumbling an okay. I sighed in relief.