Yeah, he probably should've seen this coming

When the Sokovia Accords were first revealed to the public, Peter didn't think much of it. Sure, he knew that it was a big deal, and that the fight in Germany had been about them. But they hadn't exactly applied to him.

He wasn't technically an Avenger, he hadn't been to Sokovia, and he was nowhere near Lagos when the explosion had occurred.

He'd be fine.

Or so he thought.

Peter had woken up to missed calls from Happy and Tony. At first, he was excited to see that they had finally contacted him after the week of no messages.

But something was off.

His phone had blown up with news alerts and text messages in his school group-chat. He clicked on them. They were talking about Spider-Man.

When he saw the news headlines, his heart dropped.

Spider-Man was now a wanted criminal for his participation in the fight in Germany and failure to sign the Sokovia Accords.

It was then that Peter knew his life would never be the same.

____________________________________________________________________________

"Mr. Stark, there are people out there that need my help! I can't just stop being Spider-Man-"

"Kid, you have to. They're out looking for you as we speak. You have to lie low for a while." Tony's voice sounded strangely worried.

Peter hated it.

He hated all of this.

"I can't take this anymore!"

"Peter."

"I'm not gonna stand by and do nothing!" His shout echoed off of the walls, and he slumped into a chair. "I'm sorry. I just don't know why they're doing this. I'm just trying to help, all of us are just trying to help. Why can't they see that?"

Tony sat down next to him with a sigh. "They're a bunch of assholes who don't know what they're doing. Me, and Pepper, and even King T'Challa are trying to fight this. But it's slow-going."

He put a hand on Peter's shoulder. "We'll win, kid. This isn't over. "

Peter nodded, a bitter taste in his mouth. "Okay."

____________________________________________________________________________

Peter felt like he was already in prison. He'd finished his homework hours ago, and watching YouTube couldn't distract him from the feeling that someone was out there that needed help. His open window seemed to be mocking him, the fresh night air blowing through and rustling the papers on his desk.

Peter couldn't even sleep. The persistent feeling of restlessness kept his eyes glued open, and it was virtually for nothing. On a different night, he would've welcomed the extra energy, but this time it felt weird.

Almost like his senses were trying to tell him something.

But he had promised Mr. Stark that he wouldn't go on patrol until all of this was fixed. He had to uphold that.

Peter sighed and went back to his computer screen, clicking on another video and staring at the screen. He felt his focus drift to the Accords once again.

The damn thing wouldn't leave his brain alone. A break from all this would be nice, right? He could finally try to have fun, be a normal teenager for once.

So why did it feel so terrible?

Suddenly, a scream cut through the air, making Peter flinch away from his window. His eyes widened.