Chapter 4

Hope you like this one! btw this chapter starts when Scarlett is on the ambulance right after they were exposed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scarlett POV

I got in the ambulance and the lady in there started asking me questions.

She asked me questions like "What's your name?" or "What school do you go to?" or "What are the names of your friends?".

They were the really easy questions, like when you're at the dentist but you can't answer because they have some sort of dental instrument in your mouth. I answered all of them.

"How long until we're at the hospital?" I asked.

"Only 3 more minutes, sweetheart, you're doing really well," she replied.

I waited for what felt like forever until we got to the hospital. They rushed me inside and I saw Artemis' older brother, Percy, and Artemis' mom.

Artemis, Elise, and Lucia must have already gotten to the hospital.

We got into a room and they started to do a regular checkup. After they finished the checkup, they wheeled me into a dark room. We needed to take an X-ray to see if any radiation or anything like that was in my body. I was actually kind of scared. I tried to not look scared because I didn't wanna look like a baby. I had to wear these weird goggles. They looked like the ones my mom used to get from the tanning salon. I missed her so much.

The next thing I knew, I was in the room and the X-ray was scanning me.

After the X-ray, she told me to call my grandma to come pick me up. I called grandma and she came to pick me up. I decided I wasn't going to say anything unless she asked me any questions. I didn't want to tell her about the Captain America-dude.

"I'm very disappointed in you," Nana said.

"I know Nana, I'm not very proud of myself either," I mumbled.

"What made you decide to go into that room? I was very worried about you," Nana replied

"I don't know Nana, it all happened so fast." I said.

"You know that I still love you Scarlett, even after all this dumb stuff you do." Nana commented

"I know Nana. I'll try not to do anything stupid like that again," I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had gotten back home and I walked towards the front door. It was raining, so I got soaked. When we got inside my dog, Piper, started to jump all over me. She was so excited to see me, but I wasn't as excited to see her. I was exhausted and didn't really wanna be around anyone, human or dog.

I went into my bathroom and started the shower. The field trip, the ride to the hospital, and being in the rain made me feel disgusting. The hot shower felt so good. I finished and got out. I had to go into my room to get my clothes.

When I got in there, I saw a little dog on my bed, it was Piper, the troublemaker. Oh no, what did she do now...

"Piper, what are you doing on my bed?" I said in a baby voice.

I don't know who thought to use a baby voice to talk to animals and babies but I did it all the time.

"Ruff Ruff," she barked in a loud, deep voice.

"I don't think you get to boss me around missy, this is my room, therefore these are my rules. 1. No Pipers on my bed, 2. No Pipers on my bed and, 3. No Pipers on my bed." I said in my regular voice.