5

Wanda covered her mouth as she let out a yawn. It was late into the night and most of the guests had already gone home after the party was over. Barton, Wilson, and Rogers were already in their rooms while Stark dozed on the couch next to Rhodes...who'd passed out hours earlier from their drinking contest against the God of thunder.

The two men were going to have one hell of a hangover in the morning.

Thor left not long after they all witnessed y/n lift Mjolnir. The only thing he said while leaving was that he'd return by dawn with a gift for her best friend in celebration of him being worthy. Maria and Natasha were showing Jane and Darcy their rooms after they decided to stay for the night. The young Sokovian woman was pretty tired herself and she was planning to go to bed soon.

She was just waiting for y/n, who was texting his Aunt to explain he'd be staying at the compound for tonight.

"All done." The young Spider mumbled before he put his phone away. "Sorry. I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long."

"Of course not." Wanda reassured as they walked together to her room. "What did May say?"

"She said it was okay for me to stay here. I just have to be home by dinner tomorrow. Did you enjoy the party tonight?"

The Scarlet Witch nodded with a grin. "It was nice meeting Dr. Foster and Darcy. They're very kind people. Watching you prove Barton and Wilson wrong by lifting Mjolnir was the best part though."

"I still can't believe that happened." He muttered. "I'm not even sure why the hammer thinks I'm worthy to wield it."

Wanda reached for y/n's hand and held it gently. "Maybe because it sees what Natasha and I see when we look at you...an amazing superhero who will grow to be the very best of us."

"...You really believe that?"

"I do."

y/n chuckled out of embarassment. "Thanks but don't sell yourselves short. You guys are my role models...half the reason why I chose to be Scarlet-spider is because I wanted to be just like all of you."

"That's sweet of you to say."

The two youngest Avengers looked to see Black Widow approaching them from the right with Maria behind her.

"...But Wanda's right." Natasha said, ruffling y/n hair. "You definitely have the potential to be the greatest hero of all time."

Spidey blushed at the Black Widow's praise. "Thanks, Tasha."

Hill playfully pinched y/n's cheeks with a grin. "You are so adorable...how did it feel to hold Mjolnir?"

"I thought it'd be heavier but I can see why Thor likes using it in battle. That hammer's pretty well balanced in terms of weight and power."

"Maybe you should try using Mjolnir on one of your patrols sometime."

"...Sounds a bit overkill, don't you think?"

Maria thought about it for a second. "Perhaps. Still, it couldn't hurt to have such a powerful weapon with you just in case."

"Maybe." y/n conceded before a yawn escaped his lips.

Natasha smirked. "Go to sleep, Маленький паук. We can talk more in the morning."