ꕤ gryffindor gossip ꕤ

The rumor mill at Hogwarts is normally relatively quiet, often times only having the usual gossip such as the latest breakup or the odds of an upcoming quidditch game. So when someone breaks the boring silence with what is possibly the greatest rumor to ever be started, it's only natural that it spreads through the entire castle at lightning speed.

Though no one seems to truly know who started it, there also has yet to be anyone disputing the bizarre claim. Even the four siblings related to the group of boys that are the subject of the newest gossip appeared surprised when they heard it, already causing many to jump to the conclusion that it must be true.

Sirius saunters into the Great Hall with James by his side and Remus and Peter following close behind, the four of them having just come back inside after ditching their shared Care of Magical Creatures class. Having been away from the rest of the school since breakfast, they're the only ones blissfully unaware of the scandal ravaging the halls.

As they move to claim their usual spot at Gryffindor's table, conversations slowly cease as all eyes start to follow them closely. Remus, ever the most observant compared to his clueless friends, is the first to notice the watchful gazes as they sink into their seats.

"Did we pull a prank that I forgot about?" He asks quietly. But in the dead silence that has fallen, he might as well have shouted for his words echo around the room.

His question snaps the students out of their revelry and barely suppressed giggles and whispers start to surround them once more, accompanied by the non-subtle glances in their direction every few seconds.

Peter is embarrassed by all of the attention and briefly considers hiding under the table until lunch is over, unsure as to what exactly everyone is laughing at but certain it's nothing good. Remus would most definitely join him, though he's more paranoid than embarassed as watchful eyes stare at his scarred face longer than they usually dare to.

James is unaffected by their newfound spotlight, always enjoying being the center of attention. That is, until even Lily - who normally makes it a point to ignore his existence - glances over and bursts into a fit of giggles. His cheeks flush red and he suddenly wishes he had his invisibility cloak with him.

The only one left unfazed is Sirius, who continues to calmly eat his sandwich. Judgement and sour gazes have followed him since he was sorted into Gryffindor six years ago. Nothing could ever compare to the wrath of his mother he's been forced to face far too many times, so a little laughter isn't about to ruin his day. What does bother him immensely, however, is seeing Emaline walk into the Great Hall with Todd's arm wrapped around her shoulders.

The Ravenclaw whispers something in her ear, causing her to laugh and shove him playfully. Nevertheless, she still kisses him on the cheek before they separate to go to their own house tables, and Sirius no longer has an appetite.