ꕤ hungover arguments ꕤ

Emaline isn't sure what's worse - the raging headache pounding against her skull as she wakes up with the worst hangover any witch has ever experienced, or the fact that she still remembers everything she had wished to forget. Groaning loudly, she forces her eyes open and sits up, expecting to find herself on the blue couch she thought she had cried herself to sleep on in the Ravenclaw common room, for that is the last memory she has of the night before.

Instead, she is confused to see the curtains of her bed drawn tightly around her. Poking her head out of the cozy cocoon, she cries out as bright afternoon sunlight hits her throbbing eyes and quickly retreats, wishing she wore glasses so that she could transfigure them into sunglasses to keep the sunshine at bay.

Whether it's a blessing or a curse she has no recollection of how she got back to the safety of her own dormitory, it depends on who you ask. The boy currently trying to make it up the sliding staircase to check on her is going to be devastated when he finds out. Emaline, however, would not be able to react correctly to the conflict of emotions those memories would cause her on a day like today, and perhaps that's why her brain kept them at bay.

Knowing she has already slept too much of the day away, she squeezes her eyes shut tightly and throws the curtains open again, carefully maneuvering her body to face away from the large windows before she opens them again. As much as she would like to hide away in the empty dormitory and sulk all day, her desire for answers outweighs everything else.

For last night, any time she got separated from Todd during Ravenclaw's victory party, she would catch him kissing another girl.

Deep down, she had always known this boy was not her soulmate and that their relationship would come to an end eventually. This betrayal certainly should not have hurt her so badly. But even so, doesn't she deserve to be treated better than that? He could have had the decency to break things off before he went and snogged and girl.

She storms downstairs, eager to have her questions answered so that she can put this disaster of a relationship behind her.

Sirius, who had given up on making it to the top of the stairs and taken to sitting at the bottom of them, jumps up at the sight her and keeps pace as she hurries through the common room and into the corridor beyond the portrait of the Fat Lady.

"Good morning, sunshine," he greets cheerfully, missing her foul mood entirely as he waits for her to give any indication she remembers what happened between them.

"Not now, Black," she snaps, not slowing her pace in the slightest as she heads towards the library. He keeps up, not yet deterred.

"But I-"

"Is Peter dying?"

"No, but-"

"Is he hurt?"

"No, but if you-"