Chapter 9 Confused Feelings

A/N: Firewall Dragon is back, well after April 14th it is thanks to the new ban list. Now it's at 3 copies per deck and has an errata. So from now on, if Firewall Dragon is used in a duel, I'll be using the new version instead of the old version. Also I'm back. Sorry for being lazy after the last chapter, I really didn't have an excuse other than being lazy. But in February, school started again so that's played a part as well. Please enjoy and comment.

Yusaku's POV

I woke up after having the same dream as last night. I don't know why but I always seem to have it the closer I get to my birthday. Sometimes, it makes me wish I was never born in the first place. I should probably see a therapist about it, but it's not like they helped with the trauma I suffered from the Lost Incident.

After getting changed into my uniform, I left the guest bedroom. If you need a recap, I stayed at the Kogami Residence last night so I could find out about why I turned into a girl, the virus that my mother is infected with and anything about my father. Today however, I was going to go home after school finished or maybe see what Kusanagi's been up to.

I soon entered the kitchen and the first thing I saw was Spectre preparing his lunch. I would be weirded out about the fact that someone like him goes to the same school as me but then I remember that he isn't unbearable unlike Naoki. I noticed a brown bag on the bench and for some reason, it had my name on it. Guess one of the Knights of Hanoi made lunch for me. I decided to take my mind away from that and make breakfast. I just made the usual, cereal and this time, I was able to wash and put the dishes away. I may have hunted these guys for revenge but I'm not going to act like an awful guest to spite them. As I finished, I turned to leave the room, only to see Dr Taki a few feet away from me.

Dr Taki: So, what are your plans after school?

Yusaku: Probably finding more information about my father and the virus situation with my mother.

Dr Taki: That could take some time.

Yusaku: I know but I have three reasons why I'm doing it. 1, to find out why my father abandoned me all those years ago. 2, to find out why he was kicked out of SOL Tech before the Lost Incident. 3, what the cause of my mother's virus was.

I saw a smile appear on Dr Taki's face.

Dr Taki: You still use that 'rule of 3' that Ryoken taught you?

Yusaku: I've used it most of my life. I was going to use it to save him, thinking he was still trapped from the Lost Incident. Even after I found out that he was your leader, I still tried to save him but I'm pretty sure I failed.

Aso: None of us could save him.

Since when did he come in?

Aso: The Lost Incident permanently affected Ryoken in a bigger way than it may seem. It caused him to lose his father and he feels incredibly awful for no only being the one to call the cops but for dragging you and the other kids into it.

Dr Taki: Not to mention that he also lost his mother because of it.

Wait what?!

Ryoken: What were you just talking about?

He's here now!? At least he didn't hear what I was just told wait...oh god Spectre's here still, he's going to tell him.

Spectre: They were talking about what Yusaku was going to be doing after school, Master Ryoken.

He covered for us?

Ryoken: I see.

I noticed the time on the clock that just so happened to be in the kitchen. I might want to leave before I'm late. I picked up my bag and bowed politely to them.