Prologue

I loved creating things. I figured that out when I was 10 when trying to build my first mechanical bird. I was trying to copy him from a comic I remembered reading. I think it was called Winter Woods or something. He was a wind up bird, and I named him after the bird in the book, Roy. He's my only friend since my mom left me alone on the streets when I was 11. Hmm, I never introduced myself. My name is Adora. Just Adora. I'm 16 and I live and travel the streets of Detroit with Roy in tow. I only trust him. I sometimes perform little songs for money so I can get food. It's never much, but I appreciate what I get within the day.

And right now? I'm running away from an android. Why? I kinda pissed him off. Apparently calling an android COP a piece of hunk of shit and waste of space was NOT a good idea. But he bumped into me and didn't apologize. I'm also guessing he was already in a bad mood because he will not slow down! I knew I couldn't outrun him, and currently I've been running and weaving through the streets for 4 minuets. Petty ass droid. I was getting tired, but I either had to get home to Roy or suffer a beat down by a hunk of metal, which I like my face. Actually I don't, I look like him. Ah, Adora stop thinking dammit!

I was still sprinting, but I was starting to slow down. I wanna live! That thought flew out the window though when I bumped into a lookalike of the asshole android cop. Fuck. He didn't look happy either. "Miss I would like for you turn around and apologize to my brother. That was quite rude of you as to what you said to him." He said with disappointment in his eyes and a frown on his face. Dammit all! I ended up backing and hitting a hard place. And it wasn't a wall. Fuckity. I slowly turned around and looked up at the main guy I was running from. "Well then hello, but uhhh I gotta go-" Trying to walk off, I got grabbed by the collar of my shirt.

Fuck, can't I catch a break?

Sighing, I turned around to the android with steel blue eyes. "I'm sorry??" I said, well... More like questioned lol. The steel blue eyed android was still glaring at me. Fuck.... I knew what he was doing, so instead of sticking around, I dipped as fast as I could only to get stopped by the asshole again. Fuck. "Why are you in this part of down Ms.Kamski?" Someone kill me now.