Chapter 6: Father daughter talks

Jett's pov:

Jett's pov:

The next morning I got dressed and met Boris and Theo at the playground. We took a 30 minute walk to the only hotel in town. We walk in, it smelled like breakfast. This could give me a little more time to think what i'm gonna say to my dad. "We shouldn't go on an empty stomach." I said

"Scared princess?" Boris says, making me want to punch him.

"Do you want food for not?"

"Always." We start eating the free food, no one noticed or cared that these random kids were eating there free breakfast. They probably thought we were staying at the hotel or something. "Jett behind you." I look behind me to my father, he looks just like how he does in the picture next my mom's bed.

"Hey."

"Hi daughter." He says, with a nervous grin.

"Not your daughter really."

"Jett than?"

"Please."

"Nice seeing you boys again."

"Nice my ass." Boris mumbles. I nudge him and he looked at me angered for some reason.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked.

"I don't trust him. There's something off."

"Lighten up, he's trying to get to know me. Don't you want me to know my father?"

"Yeah, sure princess."

"Sorry about that."

"Let go talk." My dad says. I nod and stand up from my chair. Boris grabs my arm and looks at me in the eyes intensely. I didn't understand his problem besides he was worried about my safety but it was more than that. It was like he had a personal problem with my father.

"I'll be fine." He sighs and nods. He lets my arm ago, I kiss his cheek to calm his nerves. I follow my father to the elevator and up to level 4 room 120.

"Have a sit." I sit down at the table and he sits across from me. "It's nice to have you back."

"Back? You left before I was born. Let me ask, what was so important?"

"I didn't mean to be gone for so long but, my twin brother, and 2 other people kidnapped me for money I stole from them."

"Why not just give the money back?"

"I couldn't, I spent it all on baby stuff and food."

"Oh, well thank you. I guess. What about when you got out?"

"I was held for years, when they finally let me go I went back to our home but you and your mother had already left."

"I see, how'd you find me than?"

"I started working at the hospital in town."

"Yeah mom said your were a doctor before you left."

"Yes, I looked through some medical records and found you when you moved here and transferred your mother's records to the hospital down the street I was able to find you. I saved money until about a week ago. I never stopped caring about you."

"You know it was easier thinking you died, it was easier not caring because I didn't have the strength knowing you just gave up."

"Gave up? The only reason I held on for the 6 years I was taken was because of you and your mother. Where is she?"

"You don't know about the accident?"

"Accident?"

"Texas was not our final destination at first. Our car engine blew, both we both got out before the car blew up. A passing car hit her, she lives but her mind is scrabbled almost. It's better than before but I still envy the years before it happened."

"I understand that." For someone who's just learned the love of his life is basically brain dead, he seems oddly happy but he just got his daughter back so I guess I understand. "Your Russian is really good."

"First language, mom thought it would be easier for me to learn English as a second language than Russian as I got older. She was right as she always was about everything." After about an hour and a half of talking, I decided I trust him. I go back down to the lobby where the boys were. Theo was asleep on a couch and Boris was working behind the desk counter.

"Boris!"

"I'm helping!" He calls back.

"It's ok, I asked him to help. I don't speak Russian." The lady that was working here before told me.

"As long as he's not causing you trouble for you." I say.

"Not at all. He did try to steal mints through."

"It's an intent to do what he wants. He's like a baby with keys, oh pretty and he just takes it." She laughs. I look over to Theo, tossing and turning on the couch. I run over to him. He told he gets nightmares a lot, something related to the death of his mom. I rub his arm and soon he calmed down, I sit on the floor in front of him and hold his hand so he knew he was ok and safe. I like to think of Theo as a small child I need to protect for some reason. I feel bad that he lost his mom and his dad is a grade A asshole but the only thing I can do about it is sit here and be there for him.