VOLUME FIVE:-THE STALLION

CHAPTER 1

In a remote village in country K there was a woman who had six children in total with four different fathers. As a responsible mother and woman, she didn't abandon them with their fathers but raised them with everything she has and owns.

She married the fourth man whom she had two sons with but the man was so in love that he took the other four as his own children and gave them his last name.

Winnie's husband had another wife making Winnie to be the second wife. These two wives didn't live in the same village but were separated by many cities and towns. John was so infatuated with his second wife that he settled down with Winnie in her village where Winnie owned a house and a farm.

John would occasionally visit his first wife and children since he had that responsibility.

Winnie didn't rely on her husband much to raise her children. She was a very hard working woman who taught her children about life from a very young age.

All her six children knew that in the morning especially the girls, they had to go to fetch water to the borehole which was more than ten miles away from home. This trip was repeated until the water barrels were filled to accommodate those that will be at home.

It didn't matter if you have to go to school, you will have to finish your chores first before you go anywhere. During farming season, everyone would go to the farm early in the morning and all the meals will be eaten there.

At home everyone will do their respective duties and chores and failure to do them will result in punishments. If a child performs well then the child will be rewarded.

Winnie was fair when it comes to rewards and punishments and everyone knew that. During the farming season, the family of seven excluding workers would have enough grains to last them for a while including seeds for the next season.

She made sure that there was enough food for everyone as she didn't want her children to starve even though they lived in the village.

She reared a lot of wild chicken, broilers, off-layers, goats and cows. These animals were plenty, so meat wasn't lacking. Winnie raised her children like princes and princess when it comes to food and everything but worked them hard when it comes to chores.

The children loved to complain but as a mother who grew up during the time of war she knew how hard life on itself was. She wanted to prepare her children so that whatever calamity they fell in they will always be able to come up as winners.

Winnie was someone who loved a life of upper-class, as a result she opened her own small business. She sold vegetables and other produce just like the other ladies from the villages.

Winnie would make sure to buy herself some alcohol every night after she was done with her work, however she never acted irresponsible like others. She would drink and return home with food for her children.

She made sure that she will be home with them no matter how drunk she was. Every single night one of her female dogs would come and meet her half way so everyone was not worried that something bad will happen to her.

They all knew that her dog would escort her home safely until she was safe in her bedroom. That's how loyal her dog was. Every morning she will wake up sober and go back to work to make money for her family.

One of the years her husband left them leaving her a widow but Winnie never crumbled. Even though John was with her mostly he still got buried in his village where his first wife lived.

With John gone Winnie remained with the children and kept on doing her best. Since she was no dodder flower but a stallion she raised her children to be fine children who could be independent and survive wherever they were.

Her oldest son left for abroad even though he never returned back home but he survived there. He wasn't filial but she never stopped missing and wishing to see him.

Her oldest daughter was married grandly and that made her proud, unfortunately her marriage didn't end up well but she gained a number of grandchildren that kept her company.

All the children grew up, she had more grandchildren as time passes by but death was something that she couldn't escape from. She succumbed to it and followed her John leaving behind all the six children and numerous grandchildren that she saw with her own eyes.

Her legacy still remained even after her passing.