🦁 14 🦁

"sir, i'm sorry, can i leave the class a bit earlier please? i need to rehearse for the talent show." ten explained to his teacher.

the coach glanced at his watch, widening his eyes when he realised the time.

"oh my god! yes!" he exclaimed. "you should have told me before, i would have freed you way earlier."

"no, it's okay." ten politely smiled. "taeyong finishes his rapping classes right now."

"well, good luck then." the coach patted ten's shoulder. "train well, our school needs to win this talent show!"

ten smiled at his coach before waving at sicheng and leaving the practice room.

he walked through the corridors of their music art school, wiping the sweat of his forehead with the bottom of his shirt before entering another training room, the one that had been given to ten and taeyong for their rehearsals.

when ten entered, taeyong was already here, stretching by the radio.

"finally. i thought you would never get here." he spoke.

ten didn't answer, instead, he sat down next to taeyong and did similar exercises.

"what are we training today?" ten asked nonchalantly.

"first, half an hour of only singing. we need to change some arrangements and everything. then, dance. and when we'll be good, we'll do both at the same time." taeyong explained earning a nod from ten.

when both boys had stretched enough, they took half an hour to see what was good and what wasn't in the song they had made.

taeyong had written the song, and he was the one who had helped composing the song. on his side, ten had sorted their parts and made – plus, taught – the choreography.

they both had done a lot for this project. it was a goal they had since childhood. and so, this had become a dream for the two best friends.

after a long hour of training, both boys decided it was time to do a real rehearsal.

music and dance.

so, ten set the instrumental version of the song, and they started their choreography, singing when it was their turn.

they trained for what seemed like hours.

the sky had started to turn dark, more sweat was dripping down their foreheads, and yet, none of them stopped what they were doing.

it wasn't perfect, and they both knew it.

the show was a few days away. they needed to be better.

both boys couldn't bear it anymore. they were conscious of it.

they were tired, they were sleepy, they were hungry, and even thirsty.

but they kept dancing and singing.

and obviously, it was not the best idea they had...

"ten, concentrate!" taeyong rolled his eyes, putting back the song at the beginning.