STOP BEING A BABY

"Yeah dad. I'll be there, don't worry. Yeah, I know you've already talked to Stephen." I said.

I was talking to my dad. He wanted to talk about something really important, and was coming to Seattle tomorrow. Since Trevor was away, Dad had asked Stephen to join us for lunch.

Earlier today, after spa, we went for shopping at the mall and had a really great time together after a long time. Now Liv was with Alex in his apartment and I was all alone in mine talking to my dad.

"Okay honey. And I'll be bringing someone with me, so just be prepared, okay. Bye." He said. He sounded....almost nervous.

And he just hung up on me. I didn't even get to say bye. He was being very weird. And I was growing curious.

On Monday, I hit the gym in the morning as usual. I decided to just skip office since Trevor was out and I had a lunch meeting with dad and Stephen. So I just showered, had my breakfast and finished some pending work on my laptop.

At around 11.30 , I decided to get ready for my meeting. I put on white pants with pale pink blouse and white stilettoes. I straightened my hair and left it down and finally did my makeup.

By the time I arrived at the restaurant, Stephen was already sat at a table. I joined him at the table.

"Good afternoon Stephen." I greeted him.

"Good afternoon Mia." He kissed my cheek and we sat down.

"I hope everything is fine since you didn't turn up to office today." He asked me.

"Oh yeah, everything's fine. It's just Trevor was out today and I didn't have much to do without him there." I replied.

We talked for a few minutes before dad joined us. But he was alone. He and Stephen exchanged their greetings and dad kissed me on the cheek before we sat down.

"Dad, you said someone was going to join us. Where is he or she.?" I asked him, out of curiosity.

"Yeah, he will join us shortly. He is stuck in a meeting and will be here in few minutes." Dad explained.

"So, what it was you wanted to talk about Elijah. It sounded urgent." Stephen asked.

"Okay, so there is this friend of mine in whose company I'm a shareholder. He has decided to shift a section of his business here, in Seattle. I really wanted to talk about this with Trevor, since he handles all finances. But, he is not here so you are gonna suffice." My dad said, laughing good naturedly.

"Yeah, but it was something of utmost importance. So, he had to go. But go ahead, I'm as capable as my son to take decisions." Stephen laughed too.

I was laughing too when I saw him again walking through the door towards us.

"Uhm, dad. This company that you keep talking about, is there any chance it's Matthew Garner's company.?" I ask.

"No, its not Matthew Garner's company. Its Ashton Garner's." Ashton said from beside me.

Not again. Nope. I don't wanna see his face again. This is the third time in a span two weeks. This is going way out of hand. I cannot go through same shit again and again.

"Dad, I don't fell very good right now. I think I'm gonna head home. You guys can continue." I said, starting to get up.

"Sit down Mia. It's going to be fine. Believe me and sit down please." My dad said quietly.

I sat down as well as Ashton across from me.

"Matthew died a couple years back and Ashton took over his father's company." My dad explained.