lonely

song - This Side of Paradise - Coyote Theory

wake up.
tea.
breakfast.
school.
edit.

and repeat.
that had been your daily schedule for a few weeks now, and while you liked it, it was getting a bit.. bland. other than calls with karl that you would have for "work reasons", but turned into hours of laughing at each through the screen, of course.

but you really needed a FRIEND. not that karl wasnt, you would just like to also have a friend that didnt give you butterflies.

but how were you supposed to meet people? you didnt go anywhere except the cafe, school, and your apartment. speaking of, you were almost at the cafe.

as you walked through the door, you sat at your favorite table and scrolled through your phone. as the barista came over to ask what you wanted to order, you looked up.
"do you want a menu?"

she was british. wait, you knew her. she had been here last time. cool, you loved british accents.

"actually, im good, thank you. ill just have an icec coffee, with oatmilk."

"got it. also, your name wouldn't happen to be y/n, would it?"

you widened your eyes. how the hell did she know your name? you had seen her once before, sure, but you hadn't talked or anything.

"uh.. yeah-?"

"omg it's you. i love your streams!"

WHAT. had you just been recognized in public? what is happening.

"uh, yeah! i am. that's so weird to hear haha."

"oh, im sorry if that was rude to ask. it was just kinda crazy seeing you."

"yeah, no, it wasn't! thank you so much."

"well, i'll go get started on your drink. nice meeting you!"

"nice meeting you too."
you smiled. that was so cool. and she had been really nice. suddenly your mind rushed back to earlier. you were lonely.
was it wrong to hang out with a fan though? i mean, it was platonic, but still.
screw it.

"HEY, wait, actually. do you want to join me?"
she turned around. "huh?"
"join me. for, uh, my coffee."
she blinked. "i mean, sure! yeah, actually, that'd be great."
you smiled. "great."

words: 354
a/n
um so hi IM SO SORRY BSHSHSB I HAVENT UPDATED IN FOREVER LMAO.
was superrr stumped on this chapter, but decided i rlly needed to do something because im at 8K READS WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL ILYILYILY AND IM SORRY IVE BEEN GONE AAAA
i do have the story lined out from here, so updates should come sooner? also incredibly short chapter ik, just couldnt think of anything. much love, -me