Chapter Seven: Thinking Out Loud

[ February 24th, 2021 ]

Error released a sigh, rubbing his own arms a bit as he headed into OuterTale, looking around and taking a deep breath of the fresh air,
" Where would you put it, Ink..."
He mumbled to himself, heading out to the cliff edge they usually hung out at, looking around carefully, going over and moving his hands around the grass and, soon enough, he found an envelope covered by a translucent piece of cloth that helped it blend in.

Error's eyes widened a bit and he lifted it, the cloth falling off of it and revealing the somewhat freshly packaged item,
" Knew it..."
He mumbled to himself, sitting down and taking a small breath.
" Alright, Ink... let's see what you left for me..."

" Dear Error...

You found the letter, great job. I hope you didn't have a hard time figuring out what I meant by 'our spot', though I doubt you got confused.

Jokes aside, thank you for everything you've done, Error... You did a lot for me back before I became friends with Dream and Blue. You mean a lot to me and you taught me what emotions were and how important they were to my decisions and actions. I went from being selfish and apathetic to being self aware and how to genuinely care for people- Including you, Dream, and Blue.

In all honesty I don't know if I can fit everything on this letter. You've done so much for me and I don't know if I can thank you enough for that. You kept me company and supported me even despite my stupid scatterbrain and put up with my being clumsy and dumb in what I did...

Error, there's something I've wanted to tell you for a really long time, but I've never had the guts to do so. I've been too scared of losing you, and I really wish I could say this to you in person.

I don't know what the feelings are called and why I get them, but I just know that I'm happy around you. It's so much easier to smile around you then it is the others. I don't know why or how, but I get warm around you. My chest swells up as if I have an actual soul, and you make the void inside me go away- even if just for a little while.

I don't know what it's called or why I'm experiencing it, but... Thank you. For giving me a safe space. A place to laugh and smile when I'm not wearing my mask. A place to relax and just fall asleep when I need to do so.

Thank you for giving me a home.

As for the issue with your arms, please go to Sci. I briefly explained it to him, but you should be able to explain the rest. He can do more then I ever did.

Just... survive for me, okay? Watch over the multiverse... Try not to let the cringe overflow and try not to destroy everything on impulse..."

Error felt his soul shudder as tears started to run his eyes yet again, but he blinked them away and wiped his eyes, though they didn't stop, as he kept reading.

" I know you'll do great- Whether you admit it or not- And if I am still alive... I don't know how to regain my memories.

But I might have the same instinct I used to... I might still have that feeling around you...

Nevertheless, you have my gratitude, Glitchy..

Sincerely,
Ink."

He signed it differently. Ink signed it differently then last time. Maybe because this was private...? He never signed off with a 'sincerely'...

Error just folded the letter up again and slipped it away again, slipping it into his pockets and crying silently, holding tightly to the scarf.

" Awww, Error..."

The glitch jumped, glancing over at the hallucination, sneering immediately as it was once again in the form of Ink, now showing him in the hospital outfit wearing his jacket- The last thing Error had seen him in.