twelve | a taste of heaven

"Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."

- Macbeth
(Act V, Scene V, Line 26)

****

Warning: small mention of mA$túrbati°n (i hate that word ew but there's no other way to say it-)

****

Heaven.

Ms Venable's lips moved in sync with mine, with an occasional whimper from me. Her lips tasted so sweet.

A literal taste of heaven.

The rush of excitement coursed through my veins, my body on fire. It was like all of my worries and self restraint had just crumbled away. My hands slowly rose from their limp position by my side to very lightly rest of Ms Venable's waist, but I regretted it instantly, as my movement seemed to jolt her back to reality.

Ms Venable pulled away, having to take a breath from the make out session that had lasted a few minutes. Her dark eyes bore into mine, unblinking. I held my breath, having absolutely no idea what was going to happen next.

"Go."

Her voice was quiet, using a type of tone she'd never used before. Hesitantly, I opened my mouth to reply shakily, but her eyes narrowed, letting me know that it wasn't a topic of discussion. So I went to my desk, grabbing my bag and trying to ignore my flushed cheeks and weak knees.

Glancing back one more time, I saw that Ms Venable hadn't moved or even looked at me, almost completely frozen.

Finally I left, rushing through the classroom door, head filled with so many thoughts.

What just happened? What possessed me to kiss her, my teacher, who occasionally scared the fuck out of me? I walked as fast as I could without breaking into a run. I barely registered where I was walking until I walked straight into the school gate. Yup. Head colliding with metal.

"(Y/N), are you okay?"

I looked up quickly, and saw Valentina, a tall boy standing next to her, Karl, her boyfriend.

"Yeah, totally okay.. and what are you still doing here?" I tried not to dwell on how I was, because I would probably start my nervous chuckling.

"Well Karl decided to meet me here so we could go for a drink, and I thought we'd wait for ten minutes in case your detention was short, to see if you wanted to join us?" She smiled, I reciprocated it weakly.

"That's nice of you, but I feel a bit tired.. I'm just going to go home." All I could think about was Ms Venable, and I didn't fancy doing that in front of those two.

"Pleeasseeee come?" Valentina shot a knowing look to Karl, which made me raise an eyebrow in curiosity.

"Why?"

She chuckled, shaking her head. "There's just someone I'd like you to meet."

I had a sneaking feeling that this 'person' was probably a boy she wanted to set me up with. Ew. Then I heard some distant chatter, so I turned to see some teachers leaving the school, indicating that Ms Venable would soon be exiting to go home. There was no way I could face her again today. At the same time, Valentina gave me really badly made puppy eyes.