Little Things ~ T•Stark

Hey! I wrote a oneshot v similar to this one on my Spencer Reid story and really liked the idea so I'm gonna be making this a little series!

Also credit to @-MarvelFanatic- for helping me come up with some of these :)

Tony had always struggled when it came to expressing his love, only ever thinking love was but a myth, something desperate people created so the ones they lusted for wouldn't leave. But the moment he met y/n his views changed entirely; at the start he couldn't quite understand what it was that he felt. He knew it wasn't just lust, it went deeper, it was stronger, there was only one think to describe how he felt. He was completely in love.

Even after his revelation, he still found it difficult to say those three words. So, he resorted to showing y/n just how much he adored her through the little things, small acts and gestures that let her know just how loved she was by the genius.

He had always wanted y/n to feel secure, to know he wasn't leaving any time soon, for he was far too deep to ever even consider trying to resurface. Because he reveled in the dizziness he felt as he drowned in the oceans of adoration behind y/n's eyes, how her kiss left him breathless and beaming with sheer, unadulterated admiration.

Tony's mind was a magnificent place, bright and mesmerizing as thought after thought, idea after idea filled his mind. But sometimes, he needed to be grounded, brought back from his daze, if only for a moment. That's why he would always sneak up behind y/n, wrapping his arms around her and simply relishing in her presence.

Y/n stood in the kitchen, mindlessly twirling the small metal spoon through her tea as she talked with Natasha. She watched as the scolding liquid spun alongside the silver, an ever-turning whirlwind that she controlled. Ghostly tendrils rose from the cup, performing pirouettes in the air before dissipating, only to be replaced by another.

She laughed airily at what Natasha had said, not noticing an exhausted Tony slowly creeping up behind her. His once sun kissed skin had turned morbidly pale, deep amethyst and onyx painting his once bright eyes in dark shadows as they hung like deadweights. His rich coffee and umber hair no longer bounced brightly upon his head, now they draped lifelessly down his face, like dark curtains across his slowly closing eyes.

Tony slipped his arms around y/n's waist, clasping his hands together against her stomach. He burrowed his nose into her neck, inhaling the comforting scent of his love, her h/c hair tickling his nose as he gripped her tighter. Y/n placed her hands on top of Tony's, leaning into his arms and gently kissing his forehead as she turned her head to face the tired man.

"Are you okay, love?" She questioned softly, smiling to herself when Tony mumbled a quiet 'Tired' into her neck. His warm breath fanned across her shoulders as he interlaced their fingers, whining softly when y/n pulled away. He hated being seen like this, aching, exhausted, longing to simply be held by his love. The second she pulled away, Tony gripped her hand and pulled her back to him. Y/n let out an amused giggle, turning in his arms to face the man, delicately brushing the lifeless hair off his face.

"Come on, let's get you to bed handsome" Tony nodded vigorously, not caring how childish he looked in that moment. He only trusted y/n to see him so desperate, she was the only person who got to see behind the mask of pride, superiority and playfulness.

Another way that Tony showed his love was through gifts, it may have been stereotypical for a man with so much money to buy presents for his partner but if it meant Tony got to see the look on y/n's face when she opened his surprise, he couldn't care less about what others would think.

He would listen to her every word, noting her favourite things and getting Jarvis to order them immediately. Sometimes it was things as simple as a single rose placed on her desk, precious rubies that weeped from the rich emerald stem, its divine perfume blessing y/n's nose as she carefully held it.

Other times he would spend extortionate amounts of money, intricate necklaces that hung elegantly from y/n's neck. Stunning silver chains, adorned with the most decadent of crystals that shone like stars in the light. But to Tony, the necklaces would always pale in comparison to the effortless ethereality of the girl, she was perfect to him, and he would be forever grateful for getting to feel her loving touch, experience Aphrodite's kiss.

He could still remember the way her face glowed as she saw what she thought to be the best present Tony had ever given her.

Y/n stumbled slightly as she walked blindly, Tony's hands were bound tightly around her eyes, leaving her completely unaware of her surroundings. The pair laughed loudly as they steered off into one of the walls, both colliding with the smooth white surface with a grunt before continuing their journey. Tony stopped them suddenly, finally peeling his fingers off her eyes as he bolted towards the large dark oak door in front of them. Y/n grimaced as her eyes adjusted to the harsh bright lights of the tower once again, her pout switching to a happy grin as her e/c eyes landed on the practically bouncing man.

He flashed his devilishly handsome smile before dramatically opening the grand doors and stepping aside for y/n to enter. The shocked girl gasped as she looked around the once desolate room, its walls were no longer dull and grey, now warm cinnamon and coffee tones painted the walls. Large, sleek leather armchairs and sofas were dotted around the large room, their smooth sable material glowing softly in the warm lights of the beautiful fireplace. Magnificent flames burned behind the hickory tinted bricks, tendrils of wild vermillion and gold that danced alongside the breeze, tickling the top of the stone before returning to its elegant waltzing.

Y/n pulled her gaze from the flames, eyes growing wide as she continued admiring the room. Thousands of books lined the walls in dark wooden bookcases, every genre she could think of all sitting there, waiting to be opened. Each cover was different, from bright cloth covers to shining leatherbacks, their pages pristine, begging to be explored.

Tony stood with a proud smirk as he watched y/n gape in awe, she swiftly turned towards him, tears glistening in her eyes as she wrapped her arms around his waist. He chuckled as he held the girl, basking in the warmth she emitted and the fluttering she caused in his chest.

He had never been one to believe in love, but y/n had proved him wrong, and he planned on letting her know just how much he adored her, even if it was only through the little things .

Lemme know what you thought!

Don't forget to vote, comment and request

Good Morning, Afternoon and Night - Mae x