20. I agree.

Rain

I can't believe what I heard from the Doctor. I sat on the chair for the support because I couldn't even feel my legs.

"I know this is hard for you, but you have to stay strong for your Dad, he needs your support now. You should never lose hope." The Doctor assured me. I nodded at him because I know Dad would have wanted the same.

"Can I see him?" I asked in a low voice. Since, I don't seem to have any energy left in me.

"I am sorry, we can't allow you right now, we still have to do some tests on him to see how much his brain is damaged by the accident. Don't worry, we will try our best to save your Dad." He said with a small smile and walked away.

The nurse who was standing with the doctor came up to me and said while handing me some papers, "You have to sign some paperwork."

"What is it about?" I questioned her.

"These documents states that if something happens to the patient during the treatment, the Hospital is not responsible for it." She stated. I nodded at her and signed the papers.

"We are preparing to run tests on him, it would be good if you sort out the bills till then. You can ask the details on the reception."

"Thank you." I said.

I reached the reception and asked for the bill, it was the same receptionist, I looked at her name tag, her name was Amanda. This time when I came infront of her, I noticed she was staring at me differently. I guess I deserved that because I am sure by now I am looking like crap.

"Here's you bill." She handed me.

I thanked her and looked at the bill. I couldn't believe my eyes, I checked it again. It sure was written $20, 000 dollars. I gasped. Oh my god, how am I gonna pay  this much? and it's only for now, what about further treatments?

I took out my phone to check my bank balance, but when I switched it on, I noticed that Rach has called me many times during all this. God, I don't know what am I gonna say to her? How will I explain the mess I am in?

She won't even believe me, because she can't see anything when it comes to Miles. She is freaking obsessed with him, she knows everything about him where he goes, what he eats, as long as I can remember, and if I am not wrong what she has for Miles is not only crush, she might even love him secretly.

I also don't want to put myself as a burden on her, when even the things  between us are not same as before. She might even hate me now.

I checked my balance and I have only $5,000 dollars in my account. What am I gonna do now? My recent job doesn't pay me this well and I can't ask for an advance because it's been only a month since I have joined it.

I closed my eyes to think of something, anything. Then a voice popped in my head, ' I am giving you two days to consider my offer. If I don't hear anything from you, then it's gonna be your loss.'

I have to do it. I have to ask her even if it kills me to accept this offer. I remind myself that it is not for me, it's for Dad, nothing is important than him, not even my dignity and self respect.

I take the card out which was still in my purse, from the bag. My hand were shaking while dialling the number. God! I hope what I am going to do will not turn into a disaster for me in the future.

An aggressive female voice spoke on the other end, "Who dared to call me at this hour of the night? It should be something important otherwise-

"Hello, this is Rain, I met you at the-

"No need to give the details, I know who you are? I already knew you were going to call, but I didn't expect a call this early from you." I can see her smirking at me now. Ugh!

"I am in an emergency, so I wanted to ask you something. Is the assistant's job you talked about earlier is still available?"

"What kind of emergency you must be to call me at this hour?"

"I-I.." I didn't want to tell her in what kind of situation I am. I don't need pity from anyone and I also don't want her to think that I am taking advantage of her.

"Oh dear, when I met you earlier, I already knew what kind of a person you are, So don't hesitate to tell me because I know if you are calling me then I must be your last resort to help you. So speak up before I bring out the truth myself." She said and I told her everything, About my Dad, about money.

"Okay, I will pay for all your Dad's hospital bills."

"Really?" I asked her. I was stunned at her instant reply, because when I met her she seemed like a bitch to me.

"Oh, now, don't get too excited, Angel, because there are some changes in the deal, since you don't seem to recall what scandal you two made earlier at the event. Let me remind you, both of you are all over the media and everyone is wondering who the lucky lady is? So, now, you two have to face the consequences of your actions and recuperate the losses, which Company have to face, if media get to know the truth behind all this." She snapped at me.

Oh, I completely forgot about the incident. It would be good if I don't talk to her about it at all. So, I asked her, "What are the changes?"

"You have to be Miles' Fiancée. A fake Fiancée to be exact." She said like she was asking him to be my friend.

"What?" I shouted in the phone, some people stopped to look at me. I looked at them with an apologetic smile.

"What the hell are you talking about? Is something like fake Fiancée does even exist? I thought it only happens in movies and books." I whispered yelled at her. Is she serious right now?

"Oh, you are so naive for this world. What am I gonna do with you? This world is gonna chew you out with their bare teeth."

"This isn't helping and I can't do this. This is completely wrong."

"Okay then, you keep your principles with you and I will keep my money with me, but let me tell you, your Dad is not gonna get treatment by your principles, girl. This world needs Power and Money to survive, which you are lacking both right now. I am sure you are gonna regret this decision your whole life, if your Dad dies after this, so think carefully before answering me this time. I am giving you two minutes."

I can't believe I am even considering this, never in my life I thought that I would be at this cross road. If my Dad would be here, he wouldn't want me to do this, but I know one thing if I would be on my deathbed, he would have done anything for me. So, I am sorry Dad that I am selling my soul to the Devil, but I can't seem to have any other choice right now.

"Okay, I will do." I said in a defeated voice.

"Good, you made a right decision. I will let money transferred in your account in an hour. You will have to sign some papers for this deal, for that my assistant will be in the hospital tomorrow morning. Good Night." She said and hanged up. I sighed and sat on the next seat to me. I don't know what I have signed up for me, but I know one thing everything should be alright if my Dad stays with me.

*************************
Do you think Rain made the right choice by accepting Gianna's offer?

How would Miles react to this news?

Don't forget to Vote★ and Comment.
                       Faith Williams.