chapter 24

ꕥ|ꕥ

ꕥ|ꕥ

Being greeted with a hard impact towards the ground was not something the group was particularly fond of. With grunts and groans, their bodies hit the grass underneath them, Ron seeming to make a connection with the ground first.

Lucky for Hermione, she seemed to have a softer landing. On top of Sofia and Y/N, that is. "Oh, have mercy," her girlfriend muttered with a grunt as she landed on them, Sofia letting out a yelp as Hermione's body sprawled on top of them. Harry helped the girl up quickly as she looked guilty immediately.

"Oh, my God! I'm so sorry, I didn't know," she apologized profusely, Harry and Ron helping Sofia up as Y/N gave her a dismissive wave, Hermione helping her stand as she scanned her for injuries.

"I've felt worse, don't worry about it," she told her assuringly, but Hermione didn't look even the slightest bit convinced as she scanned her and Sofia for injuries.

"That treacherous little bleeder. Is there no one we can trust," Ron spat as he brushed Sofia's coat off, giving a sarcastic laugh as Harry grumbled in agreement.

"They kidnapped her because she supported us," Harry muttered as he brushed a few leaves from his hair, him and Y/N sharing a look. "He was just desperate."

"Lovely. People risking their lives to back us up," Y/N muttered as Hermione wiped a bit of dirt from her cheek. "Ron, do the enchantments with me?"

With a nod, the redhead agreed. With Hermione's hand dropping from her cheek, Y/N and Ron made their way away from the group, all putting their bags down. Sofia and Harry walked a bit to the side as Hermione dusted herself off. Ron had turned to Y/N when they both stopped suddenly, watching five men appear out from their crouched positions on the ground.

Standing still, Sofia and Harry turned and stopped just as Hermione did as well. With a swift turn of her head, the bushy-haired girl was met with another man standing against the tree in front of her, a gasp leaving her lips.

"Hello, beautiful," he said, Hermione stumbling back and inching herself away from him as she noticed they were surrounded by the six men. With a look to Ron and Y/N, they all seemed to have a mutual agreement as they scurried in the opposite direction, all departing into different directions as the Sntachers watched.

"Well, don't hang about! Snatch them!"

With breathless pants and adrenaline fueling their bodies, Harry ran with Sofia as Ron, Hermione, and Y/N all joined them by their sides, running just yards away from each other through the forest. With snaps and loud cracks, spells were casted and rebounded from every direction, all of them sprinting down a hillside.